U2 Isn't Radical Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For fuck's sake.

U2 are entertainers. They can do what they like, put on the show they like and be as political as they like.

My right wing friend complains to me that they are too political during their shows. This asshole complains they aren't political enough.

Fuck them all.

If Carlyn Rose is so adamant about all this, let her go form a band, book a gig, then preach politics till she passes out.

To an empty arena.

This is a perfect reply.

I too have read articles complaining about U2 being too political. This author complains they aren't political enough. From my perspective, this may be the most political U2 have been since the JT days, but what do I know. Regardless, I loved the shows I saw.

Not really. It's just pointless to offer any opinion contrary to the group think, echo-chamber circle jerk of a handful of people who spend 24 hours a day on here and happen to share a brain.

For example: I dared offer an opinion on the NFL protests a while back and I had Headache immediately calling me a Trump supporter, so by default a racist, bigot...etc and a handful of regulars on here coming out of the woodwork claiming I was an alter and being just plain asses.

It gets VERY tiring after a while, and it doesn't just apply to politics. After the album came out, there were quite a few newbies posting here that were pretty quickly driven off by the same condescending click of regulars.

good post. i was one of the newbies and anything i said was blasted from the very far left so i just started reading instead of typing. i was accused of being an alter as well and i was not even sure what that was until i looked it up on the urban dictionary.

as for the band, the political slant is stale and predictable and offensive. being told in shows the left and the right are welcome right before being inundated with leftist remarks and innuendo and video.....i swear i just laughed when Martin Luther King pops up on the big screen and i thought. how much longer is Bono going to ride Dr. Kings coattails. the whole virtue signaling thing has gone too far and i am embarrassed for the band.

yeah the non-stop MLK nonsense may only be eclipsed by the 'America is not merely a place but an idea' bullshit.

Fucking Bono. Gotta laugh at it. and the apostles who sop it up. Hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom