U2 get 2 NME Award Nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The nme awards are on tonight, i wonder if u2 are going to win ?

Their giving Suede the godlike genius award????? They did a few decent tracks but godlike genius award?really??

Personally, I'm thrilled you all are fired up about the folks at NME. These "tossers" love to jump on an already overcrowded band wagon of populous opinions and ride it till it falls over. Perhaps their marketing department figured by attaching such iconic names as U2 and Bono to their "hate" lists they could generate a few thousand angry U2 fans to their website?

Their giving Suede the godlike genius award????? They did a few decent tracks but godlike genius award?really??

...a few decent tracks? Their first three albums are far above what most of their contemporaries were creating. The debut is stacked with great singles and Dog Man Star is still a unique, skillfully-crafted album with an atmosphere unlike any other.

No they didnt win

Worst Band
5 Seconds Of Summer

Villain Of The Year
Nigel Farage

...a few decent tracks? Their first three albums are far above what most of their contemporaries were creating. The debut is stacked with great singles and Dog Man Star is still a unique, skillfully-crafted album with an atmosphere unlike any other.

Its all about opinions i supose, dont get me wrong ive always thought Suede were decent but "godlike genius" isnt a tag line id link to them

5 seconds to summer are like a rocky boyband, think one direction but with guitars. My 13 year old niece loves them.

Nigel Farage is the UK Independent party leader. Basically a party that is a bunch of rascists but people seem to be taking alot of notice of them here. There the group just below the BNP and the National Front in my opinion.

I'm fascinated by the Britpop era, and I think Suede were probably the third most important band of that movement (after Oasis and Blur). They've already doled out every award under the sun to Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn (and Jarvis Cocker for that matter), so I'm happy Suede are finally getting their dues :D

Back
Top Bottom