U2 fans=Obsessive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
I've been thinking, are fans that have U2 as their favorite band a little obsessive or is it that way with all fans of other bands? For example, anytime I listen to my iPod or iTunes I put it on shuffle and when it comes to a U2 song I could care less about anything else in my library. I'm not the same way about my other favorite bands as I am with U2. So can anyone help me out here?

I think it has to be some kind of little defect in the brain. Would be interesting to do a medical study about it. Maybe there's something like the U2 gen that some people have and others don't.

Obsessive, us? naaa.

I am gonna call my child Bono, even if it's a girl.....:shifty:

I've been thinking, are fans that have U2 as their favorite band a little obsessive or is it that way with all fans of other bands?

IMHO Depeche Mode, The Cure and some old metal bands and new emo bands have waaaaay more obsessive fans.

Emo bands are the worst. But yeah, it happens with every act nowadays. It starts young, look at kids with their disney shit(I'm NOT going to name that).

it's the same with other bands.

Grateful Dead fans have their own name, "Dead Heads" and have been picking apart every note ever played for more than 40 years.

I've been thinking, are fans that have U2 as their favorite band a little obsessive or is it that way with all fans of other bands? For example, anytime I listen to my iPod or iTunes I put it on shuffle and when it comes to a U2 song I could care less about anything else in my library. I'm not the same way about my other favorite bands as I am with U2. So can anyone help me out here?

That's me as well. Its because I know them so inside out, and I respond so much to their artistry and lyrics, and of course they're super-listenable, for all these reasons, and years of resonance with me, they push everyone out of the way. I'll probably be that way until the day I die, and I love it.

take this post with a grain of salt, but they are increeeeedibly obsessive! They join a select few bands whose fans will drum up campaigns to attack some online 'Best Ever' poll with constant voting to ensure they come out on top, which is why I always take fan-voted things like 'The Best Album' ever with a pinch of salt because when you see stuff like Parachutes and Achtung Baby in the top 5 you can't help but wonder how it got there! :lol:

I've also noticed U2 fans are the only ones I know online who will use cringeworthy music journalist words like 'haunting'. I'm not saying there's anyone here specifically, but that kind of lingo does get dropped a lot.
Radiohead forums are aloof, Coldplay forums are full of 15 year old girls, U2 is full of people who think they write for rolling stone and NME...:wink:
*the question is which magazine is worse...we'd be here for hours

I'm not saying I'm better than any other U2 fans here, but sometimes the extent of their obsessiveness is quite disturbing. :huh:

What the fck:rant: Obsessive, that was the most ridiculous thought ever. Why would I be obsessive in U2? Do you accuse me? One U2 song here and there every day isnt abuse.

The same song at least three times a day. for 17 years. Little bit obsessive :)

I don't reckon U2 fans are necessarily more obsessive than fans of other bands, it might sometimes seem that way because U2 are the 2nd biggest and greatest band of all time with a ridiculous amount of fans, but I reckon Green Day or Radiohead fans (as in FAVOURITE band above no other) are likely to be more obsessive about the particular band. Both bands are more likely to be attached to a certain "scene" or ideal (punk or highbrow), while U2 just seem to be capable of being liked by anyone and everyone....just what I've seemed to notice.

Nothing wrong with being devoted to a band that's been around for as long as U2 have or just around for longer than 10 years. I think of, as examples, bands like The Dead, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, The Stones, etc.

Back
Top Bottom