U2 fail to create cool car engine sounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the automakers were probably thrilled with the prospect. that is, until U2 gave them... Race Against Time

Now this is the kind of advertising I disagree with when it comes to U2.

This is a dead serious question: Is the author of that article, or the person being interviewed not a native english speaker?

It reads like the letter U and the number 2 were a part of the name or serial number of whatever entity/program/robot was charged with coming up with the sound, and someone skimmed it and saw "What? U2 is writing car sounds? I have to write about this!"

That said, if this were even something remotely capable of happening, I'd want a car whose engine sounded like the SKRREEEEEEEE when the guitar kicks in during Mofo.

Billy Joel did it better, and for all time, with Anthony's Song.

It'd be cool to hear U2 come up with a new fucking album.

If they were looking for a macho, aggressive car sound, why would they go to U2? Why not a band that's a bit more aggressive?

Hollow Island said:
If they were looking for a macho, aggressive car sound, why would they go to U2? Why not a band that's a bit more aggressive?

Yeah, like Coldplay!

They could use 'Fix You' as an automated call to any mechanic in the surrounding area every time the car breaks down.

A Mercedes with the sound of Bullet The Blue Sky coming out from the engine.

Well, sounds cool.

Back
Top Bottom