U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my gift last week!!! But... Wait.. it's the atap-book???? Will contact u2.com...once again....

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Wooohoooo got my notice Thursday. Think I'm going to dry mount the colourful one with my ticket stubs, ga wrist bracelets, and confetti on it.

Is anyone else still waiting for the lithographs, or poster or whatever it is?

Just realized I haven't gotten mine.

I called the fan club about it. My renewal timing was really wonky (for some reason I renewed without needing it, must have been on drugs that day). They sent me a second version of the latest vinyl, which I must have gifted.

The guy said he'd look into it to see if I can still get the lithos, which would be nice, but I'm fine if I don't get them. First time calling them, customer service was decent, so that's nice.

Just got a renewal email:

Looks like 2017 will be a busy one for the band - make sure you stay tuned over the next few weeks.

For now we wanted to let you know that in the early part of the New Year, in line with the start of the subscription renewal cycle, we’ll be revealing the special gift that comes with our 2017 subscription package.

As always a subscription will offer you exclusive online content and, if the band announce a tour, you gain access to ticket presales.

We’ll email you when the new gift is announced and send you reminder emails in the final days of your subscription term.

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Ugh, so... I'm a longterm fan, but my fanclub subscription ended about a year ago, and I just haven't got around to renewing it. I intended to renew over Christmas, but forgot... and now The Joshua Tree anniversary tour has been announced, and I'm out in the cold. :reject:

Is it worth me renewing my membership this evening, or is it absolutely pointless at this stage? :sad:

If so, I'll just have to chance my luck with the general public! :huh:

Ugh, so... I'm a longterm fan, but my fanclub subscription ended about a year ago, and I just haven't got around to renewing it. I intended to renew over Christmas, but forgot... and now The Joshua Tree anniversary tour has been announced, and I'm out in the cold. :reject:

Is it worth me renewing my membership this evening, or is it absolutely pointless at this stage? :sad:

If so, I'll just have to chance my luck with the general public! :huh:

If you renew now you come in the Wires ground (the second tier) that will have their presale tomorrow. So it might be worth it, I'd say.

It took a while, but the U2.com subscriber gift has been made known:
U2 > News > 'The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017'

For our 2017 special gift to subscribers we're bringing together 1987 and 2017, in a unique limited edition collection of four 10" vinyl records. On the A side of each disc you’ll find the remastered original studio track, while the B side features a live performance of the same track from this summer's tour.

As the tour has to start yet, these won't ship until September...
And oh, if you're already a subscriber, you have to redeem this gift by going to your account on U2.com. You can then check your address, etc.

With the Deluxe Vinyl set and the Record Store Day its going to be Joshua Tree Vinyl overload no?

I can't find one POP Vinyl under $100!

I'm sure people will find something to complain about, but I like it. I'm hoping for digital versions of the live tracks. This is much better than last years prints (which are sitting in my closet).

I'm sure people will find something to complain about, but I like it. I'm hoping for digital versions of the live tracks. This is much better than last years prints (which are sitting in my closet).

I'm with you. I think this is a really cool gift and I really like it but like you would love digital versions of the tracks.

Ugh, terrible. Better than those lame lithograph prints, but that was the worse gift ever.

Why don't they just release a live album from the vault every year? U2 are one of the greatest live bands and there is such slim official releases, and mostly fan club releases.
Another Tine Another Place was great and I want more like this.
Except for Duals, they were doing pretty good with the u2.com releases from 2005-2014.

These are what should be released:

Boston 1980 (from Complete U2)
Boston 1981
Boston 1983
Dortmund 1984
Glasgow 1984
Rosemont/Chicago 1987
Denver 1987
Sydney 1989
Dublin NYE 1989 (from Complete U2)
Rotterdam 1990
1992 Outside Broadcast live promo that was never released- so good!
Rotterdam 1992
Dublin 1993
Edmonton 1997
Santiago 1998

Just put them online and I'll PAY for them.

The way they recycle video releases, I'm surprised we didn't just get Boston 2001 or Paris 2015 this year.

I don't really care about vinyl, and I already own the original ISHFWILF 7-inch.

Wasn't going to renew anyway until the new album is announced.

I'm legitimately surprised people are complaining about this gift. I thought it was stellar and maybe one of the best ones yet.

I also love collecting vinyl though so I'm sure I'm just biased. I just picked up the 90-2000 Best of Singles 7" promo set for a steal.

Anyway if you really just absolutely hate it, you could resell it for nearly double the subscription price.

But you shouldn't because it's an awesome gift.

My only problem is that they went with 10" instead of the standard 7" or 12" and I can't really understand why...plenty of modern record players don't really support 10" and it's an old standard, anyway, that was basically made irrelevant by the 1960s. They look nice though, but I wish I could actually play them.

And I don't understand why some people are complaining about vinyl when it's basically the only major physical format we will have in the ensuing decades - digital and vinyl. The CD is quickly being made irrelevant, so you can either get a vinyl player and enjoy new (and old) physical media or you can just have these to look at. But CDs are now pointless and are just chugging along thanks to a small group of older buyers.

My only problem is that they went with 10" instead of the standard 7" or 12" and I can't really understand why...plenty of modern record players don't really support 10" and it's an old standard, anyway, that was basically made irrelevant by the 1960s. They look nice though, but I wish I could actually play them.

And I don't understand why some people are complaining about vinyl when it's basically the only major physical format we will have in the ensuing decades - digital and vinyl. The CD is quickly being made irrelevant, so you can either get a vinyl player and enjoy new (and old) physical media or you can just have these to look at. But CDs are now pointless and are just chugging along thanks to a small group of older buyers.

Huh? If a player can play a 12", it can support a 10" and 7" no problem.

I'm legitimately surprised people are complaining about this gift. I thought it was stellar and maybe one of the best ones yet.

I also love collecting vinyl though so I'm sure I'm just biased. I just picked up the 90-2000 Best of Singles 7" promo set for a steal.

Anyway if you really just absolutely hate it, you could resell it for nearly double the subscription price.

But you shouldn't because it's an awesome gift.

I think old school fans will appreciate it more than the whiny Millennials who only use Spotify to listen to music (joke joke!). Remember back in the day when U2 released the "4 U2 Play" four packs of 45" singles with Out of Control, I Will Follow, Another Day and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock? One of my most treasured U2 vinyl possessions.

Personally, I think it's one of the best gifts they've come up with, second to the U22 set.

As long as a 10" plays at an RPM that your record player supports, I don't see the issue.

Yeah, mine doesn't have that speed. And plenty of them don't because hardly any modern 10" records are released...usually just for Record Store Day stuff and the like.

Back
Top Bottom