U2.com Subscriber Gift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope they give us some music downloads. Its not going to mean anything to me if I have to keep going back to the site to listen to a stream.

This book about their early years in Dublin looks quite interesting! :up: I actually prefer such a gift to yet another CD of live songs.

I wonder when this gift will be sent out??

They announce it now but we dont actually get it until the middle of next year im persuming. When did we get the last one?was it May/June?

I wonder when this gift will be sent out??

They announce it now but we dont actually get it until the middle of next year im persuming. When did we get the last one?was it May/June?

Though U2.com gifts were usually sent out starting April/May or so, they were a lot quicker with From The Ground Up. I got my copy late January and I wasn't one of the first as I only renewed by membership early January. I believe those who renewed in November/December got it even sooner.

Though U2.com gifts were usually sent out starting April/May or so, they were a lot quicker with From The Ground Up. I got my copy late January and I wasn't one of the first as I only renewed by membership early January. I believe those who renewed in November/December got it even sooner.

Yep. They redeem themselves with FTGU. The U2.com gifts usually takes 2 months ( or 8 months, or a year...) to arrive here on Brasil, but I remember that FTGU only took 2 weeks to arrive.

Someone brought up the presale codes subject. And, if I do recall correctly, last tour we gotten amount of codes proportionally to our subscription time (they've ranked us). I wonder if they'll do the same now

Someone brought up the presale codes subject. And, if I do recall correctly, last tour we gotten amount of codes proportionally to our subscription time (they've ranked us). I wonder if they'll do the same now

No, for the last tour you didn't get more codes if you were a subscriber for a longer time. However, they did divide their subscribers in three groups, based on how long you were a member. Those who were subscriber for a longer time had earlier access to the presales.

When U2.com replaced Propaganda, they initially kept the concept of Christmas gifts (Melon & HLVB). Hence 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2012 gifts came out in November or December.

In the 4 years in between they were later: the 2008 gift (MR&R) came in February 2009, the 2009 gift (AH) came in March 2010, the 2010 gift (Duals) came in April 2011 and the 2011 gift (U22) came in May 2012.

Hopefully we are back to Christmas timing which coincides with the initial launch date and, as such, the renewal date for many of us inaugural (ex Propaganda) members.

This book about their early years in Dublin looks quite interesting! :up: I actually prefer such a gift to yet another CD of live songs.

I agree. It would have looked a little pathetic to give out yet another 360 Tour-related item (unless it was a DVD from one of the later shows; that would still be nice). They could have released material from another tour, but I'm glad they're doing something totally different this time. They might be feeling nostalgic since Paul is leaving.

In the 4 years in between they were later: the 2008 gift (MR&R) came in February 2009

Well, considering that subscriptions were prolonged for some extra months (until March 2009) when the site relaunched for NLOTH and the 360 Tour, you can't really consider Medium, Rare & Unreleased the 2008 gift. Still, even though it was announced when the site opened again for subscriptions in February/March, the gift didn't ship until even later. I believe I only got it in April, though it also could've been May.

Hopefully we are back to Christmas timing which coincides with the initial launch date and, as such, the renewal date for many of us inaugural (ex Propaganda) members.

As I stated above, the launch date shifted when NLOTH was about to be released. I'm also an ex-Propaganda member and my membership isn't up until early March.

Well, considering that subscriptions were prolonged for some extra months (until March 2009) when the site relaunched for NLOTH and the 360 Tour, you can't really consider Medium, Rare & Unreleased the 2008 gift. Still, even though it was announced when the site opened again for subscriptions in February/March, the gift didn't ship until even later. I believe I only got it in April, though it also could've been May. As I stated above, the launch date shifted when NLOTH was about to be released. I'm also an ex-Propaganda member and my membership isn't up until early March.

Some were, some weren't. My subscription stayed as a November 23 expiry - it did not get extended. I got an email saying MR&U was my November 2008 renewal gift but it would be delayed. It arrived in late March 2009.

anyone that just recently re-upped- can you confirm;

my expiry is March 2014, if I re-up in Dec, does my new expiry date become Dec 2014- or does it get added on to be March 2015?

My date is march as well, and I renewed a couple of times early for the new gift or tour presale codes in 2009 and 2010, and it always just added 12 months to the initial date.

Got a subscription as a Christmas gift from my parents. Should be a solid year to be a subscriber!

No i havent had mine but u2.com sent an email saying there being sent out soon. U2.com's soon is probaly totally different to mine and yours though :)

Back
Top Bottom