U2.com – Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Editions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really like the remixes/alternates and the Live songs are killer. Very happy with the new additions to the collection.

Anyone else notice the performance of Bullet from the MSG live recording is actually the performance from 11/7/87 Denver? The part of Bono's rant where he says "so I went walking out into the Rocky Mountains". The "out into the Rocky Mountains" part has been edited out.
Also, the Start Spangled Banner intro wasn't used at the MSG shows.:sexywink::hmm:
I wonder who makes these decisions and what they get out of it.

On Spotify, the live version of ISHF shows up as U2's latest release, not this. And you have to scroll down through 12 other releases on the albums page to find it. AND it has the exact same name "The Joshua Tree (Deluxe)" as the 2007 release that's right above it in the list.

Anyone else notice the performance of Bullet from the MSG live recording is actually the performance from 11/7/87 Denver? The part of Bono's rant where he says "so I went walking out into the Rocky Mountains". The "out into the Rocky Mountains" part has been edited out.
Also, the Start Spangled Banner intro wasn't used at the MSG shows.:sexywink::hmm:
Two words: Artificial Horizon.

To keep it on one disc. These whiners who bemoan cut songs make me lol. We just got an incredible live album.

Bad removed? I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but fuck everyone associated with this release.

I'll happily get it through other channels gratis.

So its just another fake / cut up / edited / pretend live release. For a blu ray / DVD release these decisions are bearable but for an audio only release, intended primarily for fans, how hard can it be to just release it as-is. You wonder how long they sit around deciding on what songs to cut, what bits to edit out, what songs to source from other shows etc... Why is it that difficult? One CD? Thats a nothing constraint. Use BTBS from Denver. Why? Cut some of their best songs. Why? I'll download it from a torrent site.

Last edited:
It all started with the UABRS audio with songs from Boston and Germany substituted in. What was wrong with the Red Rocks versions of those songs?

They have an annoying habit of wanting to recreate the past with their live releases.

concertvault.com has the complete soundboard recording of the MSG show. I downloaded it for $5 a few years ago.

It all started with the UABRS audio with songs from Boston and Germany substituted in. What was wrong with the Red Rocks versions of those songs?

They have an annoying habit of wanting to recreate the past with their live releases.

So you just like bitching about a 35 yo habit?

Does anyone have the Super Deluxe vinyl? Where did they stick the download code? I can't find mine. Thanks.

Really wanted the cd box set with the tshirt off u2.com. Cannot afford it at the minute though so I've gone for the double cd and t shirt package for £25. Downloaded the remixes off iTunes so I've paid £30 all in. Couldn't justify spending another £50 plus just for a photo book and a fancy package. Plus the wife's brought it me for Father's Day :)

Cranking the live CD at the moment and noticed a jarring edit in SBS where they cut out the whole "no more!" section. Other than that, sound quality is excellent!

To keep it on one disc. These whiners who bemoan cut songs make me lol. We just got an incredible live album.

Because people are disappointed we don't get songs like TUF which are unrepresented live?

Glad it makes you laugh though at other people's opinions.

The album is great though although one version of ISHF would have been enough.

Cranking the live CD at the moment and noticed a jarring edit in SBS where they cut out the whole "no more!" section. Other than that, sound quality is excellent!

That edit is so annoying. It seems like it was made by someone who had never edited an audio track something in his life, sounds really amateurish, just like a cut and paste of the song without even checking it flows well

Does anyone have the Super Deluxe vinyl? Where did they stick the download code? I can't find mine. Thanks.

I looked high and low for my download card and could not find one. Looks like they must have forgotten. I emailed them and I have not heard back yet. I hope they provide a download. It was the deciding factor for me to purchase.

Running to Stand Still is probably the only one that immediately stood out to me, though the rest were definitely interesting.

ISHF is a great addition if for nothing else than to more clearly see how Desert of Our Love evolved into the song as its always been on the album.

I just received my super deluxe vinyl box set, and I'm having trouble finding the card with the download code. Can anyone help me out? I looked through everything twice...

Can anyone in US/Canada that ordered the u2.com package including the black Tree tshirt please tell me what manufacturer BRAND the tshirt is? (American Apparel, Edun, Continental, etc)

Back
Top Bottom