U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocky

Refugee
What do you THINK it may be?

- soundtrack from Live at Red Rocks (including I Fall Down?)
- Live at Paradise Rock Club, Boston (March 6, 1981)
- Live under Brooklyn Bridge (November 22, 2004)

What do you WANT it to include?

I'd like to have CD versions of
- Levitate
- Native Son
- Love You Like Mad
- Smile
- Xanax & Wine
- Mercy
- The Fool [not on Boy remaster]
- Street Mission [not on Boy remaster]
- A Celebration (live at Hammersmith Palais) [not on October remaster]
- Tomorrow (live)
- Be There [not on October or War remasters]
- a new Christmas-themed song (like Manics & Springsteen have done for fans)

What do I think it will be? Something we already have.

What do I want it to be? Something we don't already have.

In order to receive this gift, can someone tell me when I should join as a paying member of U2.com? I'm not a member now but I plan to sign up for the tour/album anyway.

When should I get a membership if I wanted presale tickets for the next tour?

Well the membership will be good for a year. I'd say you'll be able to get tickets for both American legs of the tour (if they come here twice) if you sign up anytime starting today, as those tickets will probably be sold by the end of next summer.

i honestly hope they set the membership cut off date for tickets to a date that's before they announce the tour... like if they announce the album and tour in november, i hope they announce that only those signed up by october 31st will have access to tickets.

yes, some real fans will get shut out, and that's a shame... but the majority of those that will get shut out will be the people who are just trying to buy up as many tickets as they can so that they can sell them on e-bay or through brokers.

it would also be nice if there was some advantage for renewing your dues every year other than a CD of stuff that most of us already have... doing this with the tickets would certainly be quite an advantage.

With this being the fourth year coming up for the site's existance for paying members, I would like to see seniority come into play. I think it is time to address the scalpers the best way possible. Obviously, a scalper could renew for 4 years in a row now, but I think those chances are very slim.
I think that if you are wondering about signing up now, don't wait any longer. Their site will come under a lot of fire if the same problem occurs like last time during presales. Signing up and getting presale access instantly will not (should not) happen any more.
Of course, this all assumes that presales can even be provided to the site subscribers. The demand is insane. Even more so after two commercially successful albums, regardless of personal tastes. Their popularity is near Zoo-era peaks.

what keychain? or are you joking? :reject:

Yeah I'd be happy with something we don't have yet too. And the seniority thing coming into play might be good, since I have a lower number :hmm:

what keychain? or are you joking? :reject:

This is the keychain, i was lucky to get one as i know loads of paid up members didn't get one which is bad really.

U2TFN001.jpg

This is the keychain, i was lucky to get one as i know loads of paid up members didn't get one which is bad really.

U2TFN001.jpg

OH! :doh: Okay I never realized that was a keychain. I did get one of those. Just thought it was an interesting membership card, it's still in my wallet.

Thanks for that info :)

I agree with Headache and Roland. I joined just after the presales for the last tour, but I've kept renewing my membership in the hopes that seniority will mean priority for presale codes. It ought to. Zootopia pales in comparison to this board (and I mean just in terms of ease of use, loading time, etc.), and the membership gifts have been nothing special really. The quality of the t-shirts this year was a joke. I've worn mine only a few times, and it hasn't survived its first few washes too well. The only reason I'd guess most people stay members of U2.com is for presale codes, and U2 ought to reward them for their (financial) loyalty.

Granted, there's surely some scalpers who've kept their memberships active, but I think this would help to get more tickets into the hands of fans at face value. I do hope they overhaul ticket sales for the next tour. Obviously the Live Nation deal means they're not going to sever ties with Ticketmaster, which is what I'd been hoping for, but I do think there's a lot more than can do to ensure fans aren't having to pay hundreds of dollars over face value to get to shows. Pearl Jam, NIN, and others have the right idea--I'm not sure what's taking U2 so long to get with the program.

How they decided to offer Slane-related gifts last year is a mystery to me. Hopefully they do something with Red Rocks this year, though I fear we're going to get audio of the Popmart DVD and leftover inflatable lemons. :lol:

hmmm...can somebody help me out please? When I go to order a new subscription it says U2.com subscription 2007-2008....so does this mean that if I order today I'll have to pay another $45.00 in a few more months? Thanks :)

I just got signed up and was wondering the same thing at first. It says though that you can sign up at any time though, and the subscription lasts 12 months - no mention of cutoff dates or the like. It's probably just be referring to the stuff that comes with the subscription during that year.

hmmm...can somebody help me out please? When I go to order a new subscription it says U2.com subscription 2007-2008....so does this mean that if I order today I'll have to pay another $45.00 in a few more months? Thanks :)

I just got signed up and was wondering the same thing at first. It says though that you can sign up at any time though, and the subscription lasts 12 months - no mention of cutoff dates or the like. It's probably just be referring to the stuff that comes with the subscription during that year.

Just curious, what are the Member #'s up to these days? :hmm: (You don't have to tell your exact number if you don't want, but I'm just wondering approximately what the numbers are up to.) Of course, that may not mean anything if older members haven't renewed and dropped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom