U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least you got a tshirt! I returned my first one last year because it was too big, and they never sent a new one. When I re-upped a few weeks ago, they told me that they were out of tshirts, and all I got was a cd!

I'm not really complaining because none of the options of shirts were really all that cool anyway...but still. ;)

Same here. Re-upped right before they extended everyone's memberships. Just received my second Slane CD but no shirt. As long as I get the next subscriber's gift, whenever that might be, I'll be happy.

Same here. Re-upped right before they extended everyone's memberships. Just received my second Slane CD but no shirt. As long as I get the next subscriber's gift, whenever that might be, I'll be happy.

Same here! I did get a message that they were currently out of the shirts, but it would be sent later.

u2.com memberships

Hi all, just need to clarify how the u2.com memberships work. They are not automatically for 12 mos correct? They are renewed the same time each year for all members I believe? I just went on the site and they are currently selling the "07/08" membership . . . .That being the case, when is the renewal and why would anyone buy a membership other then on the renewal date?

Anyway, I just want to get my membership in time for the tour to get my tickets before everyone else. Thanks a lot.

Happy for anyone else to correct me but I was under the assumption that
- all memberships are 12 months
- renewal date is 12 months from the date you originally join
- if you join during the 07/08 year you get the 07/08 gift
- join now mhowells . . . got nothing to lose . . . unless the fan club decide to say you have to have been a member for x amount of time to qualify for fan tix :shrug:

At the moment you can sign up but you can't renew.
They will renew the site soon and then they will contact everyone who's membership was due to be renewed in December. So the members get some extra weeks.

No one knows if there will be any guarantee to get tickets before any one else can..

So last night when I went to u2.com I got a message about renewing and was able to renew my subscription. It said the 08/09 gift package had not been finalized but it would be sent later. I renewed. I figured it had to better than waiting until they actually announce something and all of the backlogged renewals do it at the same time.

So last night when I went to u2.com I got a message about renewing and was able to renew my subscription. It said the 08/09 gift package had not been finalized but it would be sent later. I renewed. I figured it had to better than waiting until they actually announce something and all of the backlogged renewals do it at the same time.

I got the same message but it didn't mention the finalizing of the new gift. It mentioned the Slane Cd as the gift.

Hmmm

Multiple memberships at U2.com?

I was wondering if anyone has signed up for multiple memberships to U2.com in order to get access to extra tickets in the past. Did you have to use a different name on each one or a different email? Probably won't drop the $$ on it but was curious.

Thanks.

I just signed up got my slane castle cd & shirt.
Does that mean I'm getting the 08/09 gift? or no?

I signed up just last week in the hope that pre-sale will be available to all members. Its been mentioned on here before I know, but I'm hoping they will employ a 'will call' system so as to eliminate any scalpers who sign up to the site just to buy up loads of tickets.

Same here. They hadn't been letting anyone renew for the last month or so, so it looks like they are getting things rolling again, and yes it does say you will get the new gift for renewing when they finalize. They also said that back in the older email they sent letting me know that they were putting renewals on hold for a bit.
EdgeIsTooSexy it might depend when you signed up, not sure, but I have a feeling you will get the new gift too.

Yes I have, and I could bought tickets twice in the pre-sale. Though the second time I decided not too in the end.

If one wants to get the ticks in presale for next tour but is not a u2.com member. Should one consider its membership these days? or do I still have some time?

Got this when I went on u2.com too...haven't acted on it yet, but i guess I should!!

I opened up U2.com and signed into my account today, and was greeted with a message telling me that my subscription was going to expire in 30 days, and if I resubscribed, I'd get the Slane CD and t-shirt, which I've already gotten. The weird thing about this is that they sent me an email saying they were extending my membership until they revamped the site, ugh.

But now I've decided to renew and just get it over with, but now it's not giving me the option to renew and I can't get that message to appear again. :huh:

I just noticed... my subscription expires... tomorrow. But I haven't gotten any renewal notice whatsoever.

Edit: Now it says my subscription will expire in 30 days. I'm scratching my head. If I can't get pre-sale tickets because of this, I'll be pissed.

On the renewal page, it says:

Our 2009 Subscription offer is still being finalised.
If your current subscription is set to expire before mid-January 2009,
we're automatically extending it until the launch of the new offer.
We'll be sending you the 2009 benefits once they are launched.

I found this on the U2.com website

Jan/17/09

Folks

CALM DOWN!!!!

I know that some of you are getting the link to renew, DON'T DO IT

You ALL know perfectly well that I will tell you when, so please calm down.

The site is being updated and the new package is NOT up yet, so please wait wait wait for the new package.

The link that is showing is because we are TESTING it, but the new package is NOT up yet.

If you have issues due to you renewing right now, I will not be able to help you.

Please check here often for new updates

Thanks

Baja

************************** :heart:

Jan/17/09

Folks

CALM DOWN!!!!

The site is being updated and the new package is NOT up yet, so please wait wait wait for the new package.

The link that is showing is because we are TESTING it, but the new package is NOT up yet.

If you have issues due to you renewing right now, I will not be able to help you.

Thanks

Baja

How was anyone supposed to know perfectly well that they would be told other than what that message at the site said. I mean isn't that exactly what the message seemed to be doing? (Informing people it was time) Not everyone uses the forums there and waits to be told things. :shrug:

Jan/17/09

Folks

CALM DOWN!!!!

Thanks

Baja

Link for those wanting to see the thread on Zootopia: U2.com | terms

Further discussion here: U2.com | terms

How was anyone supposed to know perfectly well that they would be told other than what that message at the site said. I mean isn't that exactly what it seemed to be doing. Not everyone uses the forums there and waits to be told things. :shrug:

But one can always check. :)

True but I don't use the forums there. (I can't even figure them out, they are really set up poorly) Anyways, I just mean if you only use the u2.com site and not the forums you would have no reason to believe that wasn't a legit message. I only was commenting this because of the tone of the mod there saying everyone should know perfectly well it was an error.

Of course that pretty much answers my question :doh: (u2.com)

Honestly, if I have any problems I'll deal with Fanfire directly. Up to now, they've been able to resolve any of the issues I've had in the past.

Nothing with u2.com will ever be easy.

Yeah I've always found Fanfire to be fine despite a lot of what I hear. They made a mistake on one of my orders years ago, but they also corrected it no problem. Lately though I haven't had any trouble. I have dealt with much worse from a different merchandise site.

:hmm: I just got the message on u2.com when I logged in, so... without any hesitation, I renewed :uhoh:
Now I read I should have waited.. for what I wonder. I guess there is no harm done, and I didn't get any notification there would be a slane t-shirt or cd, just the membership so far.

This is a promising start, just a pre-taste of how things will get screwed up for the ticket sale?? I hope not :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom