U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long it takes before your welcome package arrives? I signed in one month ago, but still waiting...

To tell you the truth, I don't remember. I has been so long since I first signed up.

I got mine in a week. In previous years, it took a few weeks, but it was rather quick this time around.

Latest from U2.com

RENEWAL NEWS AS OF 11/26/08

I have been informed by Admin that the announcement about the renewal gift is imminent (their words). So just a bit more folks.

However, I do not know if it will be pre/post the US Thanksgiving holiday =\

Baja

Ummmm, from the November u2.com update:

And, if your annual subscription is set to run out before the end of 2008, don't worry we will be extending your benefits until the launch of the new site in early 2009. We'll be mailing you with more details.

Even the U2.Com Shop is getting a makeover for 2009 - which means that a whole range of U2 T-shirts are now on special offer at just $8. Thanks for subscribing to U2.Com, we'll be back to you soon with more news on the album and our new site.

and now my profile doesn't even have an expiration date on it.

I just recieved this email from u2.com .

According to The Edge, in an interview just posted for subscribers, "The overall feeling of the record is of new ideas not heard on a U2 album before."

Looks like 2009 is going to be a big year for the band - it's also going to be a a big year for U2.Com. The site is going to have a whole new look and feel - and we're going to have a whole lot of new music from U2 to talk about.

As a U2.Com subscriber, you'll be first to know about the new record and the new site.

And, if your annual subscription is set to run out before the end of 2008, don't worry we will be extending your benefits until the launch of the new site in early 2009. We'll be mailing you with more details.

Meantime, there's plenty of action on the U2.Com Subscriber site right now. Most weeks the band are making us video clips from the studio - in this one Adam captures Edge finger-picking his way through a new melody while here Edge interviews Larry about whether his arms ever get tired as a drummer.

Even the U2.Com Shop is getting a makeover for 2009 - which means that a whole range of U2 T-shirts are now on special offer at just $8. Thanks for subscribing to U2.Com, we'll be back to you soon with more news on the album and our new site.

best wishes.
U2.Com Team

i've not bothered signing up to the website before now, but with album and tour surely only a few months away would it be worth my while? What is the general opinion of the site among fans?

Maybe this is old news, I haven't read the whole thread. I'm not even a U2.com subscriber, but I ordered a couple of t-shirts last night after I found out about the $8 deal, and there was a link in the e-mail.

U2.com | Login

And at that page it says, "Check out this exclusive U2.Com video which celebrates the release of our Subscribers-only double CD 'ZOO2LIVE'."

Maybe this is old news, I haven't read the whole thread. I'm not even a U2.com subscriber, but I ordered a couple of t-shirts last night after I found out about the $8 deal, and there was a link in the e-mail.

U2.com | Login

And at that page it says, "Check out this exclusive U2.Com video which celebrates the release of our Subscribers-only double CD 'ZOO2LIVE'."

They're talking about the Zoo TV Sydney CD from 2 years ago.

Of course I re-subscribed before that stupid email cause the had sent that other email not that long ago reminding us to re-subscribe at the reduced rate! :happy:

Ugh.

Subscription extended for a month + one subscription gift (new)

versus

No extra month + one subscription gift (new) + extra copy of old subscription gift

:shrug:

I'm fine with not getting a free month and instead getting a second copy of something I can re-gift for Christmas, or hold onto as a collector's item. Either way, though, I don't think it's really much of an issue.

Miro----awesome av!

If the trend continues that the gift is something live that we've heard before but do not have on cd, I pray we get the U23D audio.

So glad that I came on here and read this thread. I got my renewal email a month ago and went in to renew, but the site won't let me. It says to "click below" if my shipping info is right, but there is nothing to click! I even navigated around to find the subscription page, but since I'm already in the system and there is no "resub" button, that's a no-go too. So it looks like they ARE revamping the site. (a good thing considering I never visit b/c the site is so damn clunky to nav)

So now we wait til 2009... which is fine b/c I didn't need another Slane CD and too-small shirt (gave mine to my skinny sister!).

I just let out quite a few choice words when I picked up my mail. I am now the proud owner of another far too small Slane Tee (wrong size shipped) and another Slane audio CD... someone's hearing from me tomorrow.
:mad:

I just let out quite a few choice words when I picked up my mail. I am now the proud owner of another far too small Slane Tee (wrong size shipped) and another Slane audio CD... someone's hearing from me tomorrow.
:mad:

Hey, at least you got a tshirt! I returned my first one last year because it was too big, and they never sent a new one. When I re-upped a few weeks ago, they told me that they were out of tshirts, and all I got was a cd!

I'm not really complaining because none of the options of shirts were really all that cool anyway...but still. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom