U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny is that if you click on Subscription FAQs, one of them is this:

Q: If I renew my U2.Com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for pre-sale tickets?

Unfortunately, the answer below is just a REPETITION OF THE QUESTION. Verbatim.

Suspicious?

I renewed. Of course, I missed my chance to use my 25% coupon, which expired yesterday. I ordered a larger size T this year. And, hopefully, I'll receive it. I never got my second copy of ZooTV last year. I just didn't feel like hasseling FanFire about it.

I checked for my membership number. It's no longer listed in my profile. That does not make me happy :madwife:. Let's see if I get my membership package within 7-14 days.

Then I searched the forums for any clues. Members were claiming they had presale codes on their profiles on 11/4/08. Those have disappeared as well.

I got the same response when inquiring about the new package:

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the new u2 gift subscription for
2009 has not been updated. Please keep checking the u2 web site for updates.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or
+1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours
a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any
reply.

Sincerely,
Happiness

FanFire.com Customer Service

I checked for my membership number. It's no longer listed in my profile. That does not make me happy :madwife:.

I still see my member # (and yours for that matter) on your Zootopia Profile. It's never showed up on your profile where you see your name, address etc., it's always been located on your Zootopia profile.

:hmm: I can still see a presale code on my profile page. I haven`t a clue what it is for though and I haven`t yet renewed my membership - due beginning of december. It looks like it is only the first half of a code though - 4 numbers, then a letter and another number followed by | but nothing more....very odd.

Come on U2 don`t make a balls up of it this time...............:wave:

I renewed. Of course, I missed my chance to use my 25% coupon, which expired yesterday. I ordered a larger size T this year. And, hopefully, I'll receive it. I never got my second copy of ZooTV last year. I just didn't feel like hasseling FanFire about it.

You know, I've often wondered how much money Fan Fire saves/makes because of its horrendous customer service. So many of us have either settled with something that wasn't what we asked for or for never getting something we should have because of how difficult they are to deal with.

I really hope the Live Nation deal means they give Fan Fire the boot once they redesign the site for the new album and tour.

What's funny is that if you click on Subscription FAQs, one of them is this:

Q: If I renew my U2.Com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for pre-sale tickets?

Unfortunately, the answer below is just a REPETITION OF THE QUESTION. Verbatim.

Suspicious?

It's been written that way since about a year or so after the tour.

I really hope the Live Nation deal means they give Fan Fire the boot once they redesign the site for the new album and tour.

I don't remember the details, but I want to say that one of the articles about the Live Nation deal mentioned that they'd also run the website.

Regardless, we can expect the site to be totally revamped with the new album. :hyper: At last!

Hate to break it to everyone, but FanFire IS owned by Live Nation. U2 was already in bed with Live Nation on a lot of things when they signed the deal.

I really have a hard time with the u2.com forums. And I think $45 is pretty steep. My member number is 74925 but that's my second account. I had registered Sicy eons ago and the email addy I used must be invalid because I've gone through hell to try to get the password. They really need a better system or at least a way for the admins to help you in getting your password if your email is no longer valid. I dont blame the mods but whoever is running that site. And yeah I never got my keychain either lol.

Anyway, if you have questions about your u2.com renewal you can post in the Tech Forum there.

Here is the link.
U2.com | terms

yah, my zootopia profile looks the same as the "my profile" from the main U2.com page and doesn't show a member number. :scratch:

yah, my zootopia profile looks the same as the "my profile" from the main U2.com page and doesn't show a member number. :scratch:

I can't even find my zootopia profile. The closest I've come after looking for an age was
Zootopia My Home :sad:

I can't even find my zootopia profile. The closest I've come after looking for an age was
Zootopia My Home :sad:

The easiest way to see your Zootopia profile is to reply to something or post something in any of the forums and then click your user name on the post.

A more tedious way is to click on the "User List" link on the main forum page and find your User. If only there was a search function it wouldn't be so bad, but considering Zootopia seems to have thousands and thousands of users, finding your profile this way is very annoying.

I am waiting to renew until the last possible minute to see if the gift gets updated. :angry: I don't want another sucky tee and the Slane audio again. I forget what my number is, but I remember that I definitely want to keep it just in case.

:goes off to look for it:

Last edited:
I suppose this is old news, but I didn't see it mentioned here, so...

this announcement is on top of every page in the Zootopia forums:

Hola

So, several of you have started to get the automated message about your U2.COM accounts expiring.

Please do not let your accounts expire, we will fix the gift issue after

Also, if you are going to renew, do so at least a few business days before the expiry date (i.e. not the Friday when the expiry date is Monday) because if you have any problems, we need time to fix them

I will post more information on renewal FAQ's on the board, any troubleshooting info I can get, and of course will start threads in the tech forum in case there are any problems

More to come this weekend (info on renewal, not gift info)

Baja

So I suppose the gift WILL be updated after all. I just wish they would tell us what it was before the 30-day deadline expires (I'm guessing most of us joined in the same day, so that would be November 31st).

(Judging by the last "gifts" we got, I'm guessing we're getting the audio for one of these: 2001 Boston DVD, 2008 Paris DVD, 2007 Milan DVD. I hope they'll have the decency of not using the PopMart or UABRS DVDs...)

Thanks for the info... I haven't ventured into Zootopia since last year's renewal debacle...

Gotta love that efficiency at U2.com :happy:

Last year I renewed on 11/20 and I think it was a day or maybe two after they announced the new gift. So hopefully by then we'll have this year's information.

It's amazing that they just can't get their shit together by at least 11/1 every year. What could possibly be so hard about that.:doh:

I don't have to renew mine till March, but when they announce the gift I think I'll do it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom