U2.com booted my membership! Check yours if you're due soon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My u2.com subscription usually runs out sometime in November, and every year since 2005 I've gotten an email from them warning me when there are only 30 days left. Since it's the end of November, I felt it was odd that I hadn't heard from them....I checked the site and apparently my subscription ran out on October 26th! I've been getting emails from them every couple of weeks about the renewal gift, etc., but no actual warning email for the first time in 7 years.

I called the customer service number because I was afraid that I'd lose the "top tier" status for presales, and luckily they said that you have to lapse your membership for closer to 6 months to lose the status.

So, if you're a member and might be due to renew your subscription soon, check your profile & double check the date your subscription runs out---you might not be getting an email from them!

oi that's strange. you'd think these emails are automated. I've had one each year as well.

Lucky you didn't lose your status though!

How do you know if you lost your status? I joined in Nov 04 but let my membership lapse for a few months a while back.

mine has been lapsed for a couple of years now i think - was thinking about renewing next year, but i'm not going to bother - i'm not fussed about going thru the stress and hassle of fighting for tickets, queuing for hours, and sprinting across stadiums again - i've done my time! LOL

I wish you'd lose your status.

:love:

How do you know if you lost your status? I joined in Nov 04 but let my membership lapse for a few months a while back.

Right now, there's no way to tell as far as I know. I believe that last tour was the only one where they really had a different scale based on when you became a member. Vertigo may have had something else if you also used to be a Propaganda member, but I never was & can't recall if this is true or not. During presale time for 360, your particular status group was listed on your account info page. Since there's currently no way to see your status on that page, there's not really a way to check. For all I know, what the woman told me won't pan out and I will end up losing the continuous status. They must have a registry of some sort on their end, and I suppose it knocks you out if a certain timeframe has passed.

I would hope they give a bit of a grace period, especially since some (my) subscriptions were due before the new gift was announced- I didn't need another U22, and I didn't want to have to re-up for 2 years to get the new gift. My subscription lapsed for about 3 weeks until From the Ground Up was officially announced. Basically anyone who jumped on the U22 hype last year and had an October renewal was screwed this year.

Back
Top Bottom