U2, climate change and corporate concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like them because as a pedestrian, you can't hear them coming. They're so quiet, they just sneak up on you.

ehh this might have been the case with the first model hybrids, but anything from the last couple years is different. We have a 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid and Mazda 3. The C-max is as responsive as the Mazda. Technology has come a long way in a short time.

The Mazda 3 is a nice car, i believe its similar to my DD Cruze. Not too familiar with the C-max though.

Leave it to the scientists to figure out (not the bribed ones tho) and the politicians to figure out what to do with the data. I'm still very, very sceptical we puny humans affect the grand schedule much

yeah, they already did that. there's no doubt that humans have caused warming, and that human activity, unless it changes dramatically, will increase the temperature of the globe. Being skeptical about climate change is like being skeptical about it hurting when you get punched in the nose.

Exxon, for fuck's sake, knew that their industry was creating climate change 35 years ago, and they knew what the effects of it would be. So by all means be skeptical, even though climate scientists, the Pentagon, and the fucking oil industry agree. Also, be skeptical about catching hypothermia if you jump in the lake in the winter.

:doh:

Given how U2's concerns dovetail with and will be exacerbated by climate change, it's odd that they're not active. I mean, Bono acknowledged that global warming is partly responsible for the mess in Syria. I just find it odd, and wondered if anyone knew anything more about their activities or lack thereof. Oh well.

I have a Mazda 3 too! So fun to drive! The built in InfoTainment system is pretty decent too but wish it could just mirror my phone and use Google Maps instead.

It's a good question by the OP.

I agree it's perhaps the most important issue of our time, but there is also something to be said about focusing on certain issues and specializing in them rather than spreading yourself too thin. i imagine bono and rest of u2 have decided to be the mouth piece of their existing causes, rather than extend further and delve in the climate change issue. at least, i hope that's the case as opposed to them not believing in it.

thom yorke could not be more obnoxious about the whole climate change issue, even though i agree with pretty much everything he has to say on the issue.

They have enough causes already without global warming-- I mean climate change. I forgot that they had to change the name.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Well, at least they stopped driving Trabants and stopped smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Adam stopped wearing shirts during parts of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That probably caused some people to stop breathing for a while, so their carbon dioxide output was reduced. Nice work, Adam! Way to save those polar bears from drowning! :up:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom