U2 Catalog: Take the Survey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if someone has mentioned this yet, but "a day without me" isn't in the survey[emoji22] Don't worry it's ok!!!! Lol

Pretty much done.. think I'm ok with my ratings. My average sits at 5.3, which is a little higher than i was anticipating.

I too, have compiled it in Apple Numbers. But may simply copy the column into an excel spreadsheet when I get to work tomorrow.

As you wish, I can receive either file type (but prefer excel).

As for your average, individual averages are all over the place, so no worries about that. Just means everything may or may not need to be normalized. We shall see! Glad we are getting so many submissions!

For everyone who is yet to submit, remember... this is a "group activity." Think of yourself as part of the team. With each submission, variance statistically is driven down. The more submissions, the more likely we are to get discernible results. Each response means A LOT! So don't fear the deadline, but be sure to participate or communicate to me intent. I will make sure your time counts for something.

I've just got Songs of Innocence to go.
Am quite stunned by how much I love most of No Line. And how much I hate Boots and Comedy. What a shame those two songs cleavered that album like a butchered quail.
Will try to transfer my google sheets to excel cause, I'm a nice guy

TBH numbers is the only file I factually must convert. But you can't "send" a sheets file, just share one. If you save it, it'll probably be .xlsx standard :)

I've got to hurry up and finish this. I've done the eighties but need to do the rest. It's been a busy month...

Mate I'm trying to wrap up my listening here and I'm going to need some lower ratings for Boots and Comedy. 1/10 doesn't cut it. How's -100? Can we compromise on -10?

I've got to hurry up and finish this. I've done the eighties but need to do the rest. It's been a busy month...

same here...i've been stuck between R&H and AB for about a week now. work's gone crazy with everyone trying to get shit done before holidays/year end. looking forward to ranking those dope 90s b-sides :up:

I finished mine but left the final version on my work PC. Will revisit my original "Numbers" file and send it in in the coming days

The soft deadline passed with 20 submissions, accounting for slightly under half of the initial pool. As we are running into the holidays, this rolling deadline will be two weeks instead of one. For obvious reasons.

That means that the new deadline is January 3rd, 2018. Please visit the first post in this thread for a clearer understanding of the end criteria for survey submissions. I will follow up with an email to the group explaining this again.

I should have time to finish up my listening over the Christmas period and get something in by the new year. Cheers.

This survey produced results that were both predictable and not when I dug down and averaged out each album.

The top 2 were predictable, as were the bottom 2.

The middle, not exactly how I would have ranked the albums before doing the survey, that's for sure.

I also created a playlist of only songs I rated 8 or above (plus Little Things for good measure) and I'm quite glad I did.

Last edited:
This survey produced results that were both predictable and not when I dug down and averaged out each album.

The top 2 were predictable, as were the bottom 2.

The middle, not exactly how I would have ranked the albums before doing the survey, that's for sure.

I also created a playlist of only songs I rated 8 or above (plus Little Things for good measure) and I'm quite glad I did.
One other thing that I've come to realize is that sad and dark U2 appears to be my favorite U2.

This is how I ended up liking the albums, based on these scores:

Boy 70.90
October 60.90
War 66
UF 74
JT 85.45
R&H 67.27
AB 80
Zooropa 69
Passengers 57
Pop 62.50
All That... 67.27
Bomb 59.09
No Line 72.72
SoI 63.66

A bit different. Average song ranking for each album:

8.75 Achtung Baby

5.14 All That You Can't Leave Behind

6.91 Boy

5.00 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

5.55 No Line on the Horizon

6.73 October

7.33 Pop

7.00 Rattle and Hum

6.09 Songs of Innocence

8.27 The Joshua Tree

6.70 The Unforgettable Fire

6.60 War

7.70 Zooropa

one thing this has made me realize, is that U2 is for the most part absolutely awful at doing covers.

made it through AB and b-sides today...i really need to get a move on with this after putting it aside during the craziness of the holidays :yikes:

I don't think that's a fair critique. Granted those AB covers(Paint It Black, Fortunate Son) aren't very popular, though I do like Paint It Black, but their Everlasting Love and Dancing Barefoot for the R&H days are genuinely great imo, their Satellite Of Love is pretty good, and the Triple Peaks Mix of Can't Help Falling In Love(though that might've been Bono only) is sexy as hell.

On the other hand, their Happiness Is A Warm Gun from the LNOE single is terrible.

one thing this has made me realize, is that U2 is for the most part absolutely awful at doing covers.

made it through AB and b-sides today...i really need to get a move on with this after putting it aside during the craziness of the holidays :yikes:

The deadline is tomorrow...hope you finish.

I don't think that's a fair critique. Granted those AB covers(Paint It Black, Fortunate Son) aren't very popular, though I do like Paint It Black, but their Everlasting Love and Dancing Barefoot for the R&H days are genuinely great imo, their Satellite Of Love is pretty good, and the Triple Peaks Mix of Can't Help Falling In Love(though that might've been Bono only) is sexy as hell.

On the other hand, their Happiness Is A Warm Gun from the LNOE single is terrible.

maybe it's just classic rock covers then. the dancing barefoot cover is pretty good. fortunate son and paint it black are hot garbage, and helter skelter is an absolutely shameful butchery. they can give that version back to charles manson.

The deadline is tomorrow...hope you finish.

well, shit. i'm definitely not getting it done in time :sigh:

Last edited:
I really love their covers of Unchained Melody, Pop Muzik(not sure if this counts), and Christmas(Baby Please Come Home). I rated them all very highly on the survey.

Back
Top Bottom