U2 best trio of songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobsaget77

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Saw something on the interwebs about band's "hat trick". Which is the best trio of consecutive of songs on an album.
What do you guys think is U2's "hat trick"?
For me, I'm torn between 9-10-11 on JT and 10-11-12 on AB.
I think I'll give the slight edge to AB on this one, but very close.

That's a tough one. I'd probably have to go with the opening three tracks on 'The Unforgettable Fire': A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, Wire.

An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart and Out of Control on 'Boy' is also a quality hat trick.

Last edited:
Hmm there are a lot of good options, but I'll mention a few that haven't been mentioned yet:

Numb-Lemon-Stay (Numb isn't the best U2 song ever, but this trio works really well, and the last two songs are super strong)
Slug-Your Blue Room-Always Forever Now
Discothèque-Do You Feel Loved-Mofo
No Line-Magnificent-Moment of Surrender
The Scientist-Clocks-Daylight

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

9-10-11 on JT

This is the winner.

I'd probably have to go with the opening three tracks on 'The Unforgettable Fire': A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, Wire.

And this is a strong contender for second place.

Slug-Your Blue Room-Always Forever Now

:up:

I'd also like to nominate basically any combination of three from Boy, but especially Twilight / ACD-ITH / Out of Control. Flows so well.

The Scientist-Clocks-Daylight

:lol:

Lol like we're gonna sit here and fuckin pretend Streets/ISHFWILF/WOWY isn't it.
Can't argue with that. The only other trio that comes close for me are the last three tracks of Achtung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's not. It has ISHFWILF. Get back to me with a trio that has a great number two.
Sometimes the edgy, controversial opinion doesn't come across as smart. :D

Sometimes but not in the case of Still Haven't Found. It's a fantastic song.

Meh. Once you've song along to it a few times you've got all that it's going to give.

I'm not even trying to be contrarian here. Streets and WOWY thoroughly deserve their fame. Amazing songs. If you put most other JT tracks in the second spot, I'd completely agree with it being a candidate for their finest trio. Streets/RHMT/WOWY? Streets/OTH/WOWY? Streets/IGC/WOWY? Streets/Spanish fucking Eyes/WOWY? Shit yes please, that'd rule.

Meh. Once you've song along to it a few times you've got all that it's going to give.

I don't know man. The best songs sometimes fit that very description.

Still Haven't Found spoils that trio for me as well. Not a bad song, but never liked it too much.

My favorite is Bad - Indian Summer Sky - Elvis Presley and America. Nothing needs to be said about Bad, and the other two are amongst my favorite U2 songs.

Another Time Another Place - The Electric Co. - Shadows and Tall Trees gets the runner up vote for me.

Can't argue with that. The only other trio that comes close for me are the last three tracks of Achtung.

:up: although I'm loathe to leave out Tryin to Throw... it works so well as a light-hearted intro to the incredibly emotional next three songs.

Without taking away from some of the obvious (for a good reason) ones other people have posted:

Exit/One Tree Hill/Mothers of the Disappeared

If You Wear That Velvet Dress/Please/Wake Up Dead Man (in fact the more I think of this one the more I think it's some kind of all-time low high.

Maybe ISHF is a touch tiresome live because of the sparse Bono vocals of late and 'why aren't they playing x song instead' factor, but it's timeless on JT.

Agreed on Numb / Lemon / Stay, great example of songs together being greater than the sum of their parts, and gives Zooropa a lot of its character.

I know there's not much love for IGWSHA here, but I'm pretty fond of Mofo/IGWSHA/SATS.

One/UTEOTW/Horses is a great one, too.

Another trio that I've always loved is Slug/Your Blue Room/Always Forever Now

Take out the live tracks from Rattle and Hum and you've got Heartland / God Part II / All I Want is You..

Clearly there is only one contender here. :wink:

Crazy Tonight
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy

I knew it was coming, but I still laughed. ;)

Another trio that I've always loved is Slug/Your Blue Room/Always Forever Now

With three of the listenable songs off Passengers right there, it isn't bad a trio at all.

I would say... probably the 1-2-3 off TJT or, maybe on a personal note, EBTTRT-One-UTEOTW.

Back
Top Bottom