u2 best of 2000-2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Hey

Wasn't on this forum quite a while, so hello again:wave:

With all news and excitement on the 360Tour, Spiderman Project and Songs Of Ascent album I totally forgot about the missing piece in the best of trilogy, the best of 2000-2010, that can be released now that the decade is over.

So when could we expect this album? I'd say 2012 if they'll release Songs Of Ascent this year. But if they won't...maybe this summer??

Because of the stupidness of the traclisting on the 90's album they can't put on Beautiful Day, Stuck.., Electrical Storm and Hands That Built America. So what songs do you expect on this album?

1. Elevation
2. Walk On

3. Vertigo
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. Original Of The Species

8. The Saints Are Coming (with Green Day)
9. Window In The Skies
10. One (with Mary J Blige)

10. Get On Your Boots
11. Magnificent
12. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Still pretty good list I think!!:up:

If they put One with MJB on it, I refuse to buy that thing.

Saints and WITS won't be on it as they were on U218.

I'm thinking they'll put Elevation and Walk on from ATYCLB indeed, perhaps Kite.

From Bomb Vertigo and COBL, perhaps OOTS.

from NLOTH Get On Your Boots, Magnificent and MOS.

Then one or two new songs.. Or just put the BBC mix of Electrical Storm on it for lulz.

yeah, not only would i not buy it if they have MJB on it. i will steal it, and then poop on it.

BD and Stuck just simply shouldn't have been on the best of 90-00, they belong to the 00-10 decade. So u2 have cost themselves an opportunity of 2 great tracks for the best of 00-10 (if there ever is one).

As ATYCLB was represented in the best of 90-00, it would be extremely odd to represent it again on the best of 00-10 with walk on and elevation, therefore I'm not convinced that walk on and elevation will make the best of 00-10 (which is tragic as walk on is one of their greatest songs imo). But they were both on u218, so it's not that tragic i guess.

So my predictions:
Vertigo
Sometimes
City Of Blinding Lights
Maybe ABOY
GOYB
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender

There just doesn't seem to be enough hits from this decade tbh!

I don't think they'll release one for a couple of years. You have to remember their best ofs contract is already done, so they aren't required to do anything...

honestly I kind of hope they do release one, just for collections sake. it would be kind of weird to have a best of 80-90, 90-00 and then not a 00-10. If they do release it, it only makes sense to do it once the tour ends and before their next album following 360 as they've done in the past.

from NLOTH Get On Your Boots, Magnificent and MOS.

I'm not too familiar with the actual sales numbers but I feel like if they were to put Magnificent on a future Best-Of they would probably include Crazy Tonight as well. I feel like Crazy Tonight, being on that Blackberry commercial and all, had more public exposure than Magnificent and would be more recognizable to the casual music fan. Magnificent, as a single release, just seemed to be completely under the radar and made no impact at all. Crazy Tonight's the one that got the Grammy noms, as well, which the band and their management are probably proud of.

Anyway, this album was pretty much a disaster in terms of single success. Damn. Hopefully lead single from the Spiderman album, "Spandex and Sticky Stuff", will be a chart topper.

1) No Line On The Horizon
2) Magnificent
3) Moment of Surrender
4) Unknown Caller
5) I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
6) Get On Your Boots
7) Stand Up Comedy
8) Fez-Being Born
9) White As Snow
10) Breathe
11) Cedars of Lebanon

Maybe some new songs, and perhaps a remix or two. They should try and make it at least 15 tracks.

1. Elevation
2. Magnificent
3. Sometimes You Can’t Make it on Your Own
4. The Saints are Coming
5. NEW SONG
6. Kingdom of Your Love
7. City of Blinding Lights
8. Vertigo
9. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
10. The Ballad of Ronnie Drew
11. Window in the Skies
12. NEW SONG
13. Get on Your Boots
14. All Because of You
15. Orginal of the Spieces
16. Walk On

SMB

I would love to see them put Mercy on the Best of 00-10 album, seeing as it probably won't be released anywhere else.

Well for starters we still have 1 more year to go to fulfill the decade, so there will be at least a few songs from SOA.

These 9 will be certainties, so add 3 more from SOA

Elevation
Walk On
Kite
Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
COBL
Magnificent
NLOTH
MOS

Well for starters we still have 1 more year to go to fulfill the decade, so there will be at least a few songs from SOA.

Um, false...

Did you consider 1990 still part of the 80's decade?

This decade started Jan 1 2000 and ended Dec 31 of 2009, that's ten years.

Um, false...

Did you consider 1990 still part of the 80's decade?

This decade started Jan 1 2000 and ended Dec 31 of 2009, that's ten years.

Maybe he's referring to the fact that U2 has overlapped on their greatest hits records before? 2000 songs were on the 1990-2000 CD.

If there is an album in 2010 (let's hope there is), then I'm sure its tracks would be included on any future compilation of this decade.

I agree that ATYCLB's tracks shouldn't have been on The Best of 1990-2000, but there they are, so clearly other tracks from that album cannot be on a Best of 2000-2010 (which would be the title, which would include 2010, but in fact the actual tracks would be more like 2004-2010!).

The really silly thing they did was to put "Electrical Storm" and "Hands that Built America" on the previous compilation, when they dated from 2002. Those would have been a nice addition (not to mention being in the right time period) for the next compilation. So, as it is, the Best of 2000-2010 will really be starting at HTDAAB (2004) and ending with the 2010 album, and thus include material from three studio albums plus any singles (basically, "Window in the Skies").

So, let's hope there are some actual hits on the next album, since the NLOTH singles failed to set the world on fire. Otherwise, there will clearly be no point in a third decade compilation (although, one could argue that there is actually no point in any compilations, except of course the point of money).

As they don't have that much to work with you'd have to assume that they'll include Walk On, Elevation and possibly Kite. From HTDAAB, they'll put Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, COBL, OOTS and possibly ABOY. NLOTH would contribute around 4 or 5 as well maybe, GOYB, Magnificent, IGCIIDGCT, MOS is a must. IF SOA isn't really a singles album then wo or three songs from it coud be included. As they always do some sort of new song, I'd guess that this is where we will hear a reworked version of Mercy, which would be released as a single.

If there is an album in 2010 (let's hope there is), then I'm sure its tracks would be included on any future compilation of this decade.

I agree that ATYCLB's tracks shouldn't have been on The Best of 1990-2000, but there they are, so clearly other tracks from that album cannot be on a Best of 2000-2010 (which would be the title, which would include 2010, but in fact the actual tracks would be more like 2004-2010!).

The really silly thing they did was to put "Electrical Storm" and "Hands that Built America" on the previous compilation, when they dated from 2002. Those would have been a nice addition (not to mention being in the right time period) for the next compilation. So, as it is, the Best of 2000-2010 will really be starting at HTDAAB (2004) and ending with the 2010 album, and thus include material from three studio albums plus any singles (basically, "Window in the Skies").

So, let's hope there are some actual hits on the next album, since the NLOTH singles failed to set the world on fire. Otherwise, there will clearly be no point in a third decade compilation (although, one could argue that there is actually no point in any compilations, except of course the point of money).

You are so right.

I hope the best of 00-10 doesn't happen tbh.
They have so little to work with!

The only certainties I can see are Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, COBL, WITS, TSAC, GOYB, and MOS.

As I said before, Walk On and Elevation shouldn't be on there because ATYCLB is already represented on 90-00.

ABOY is a possibility, OOTS less so.

I'm not convinced about Magnificent, because of the fact that it was a chart failure. Excellent song and all, but a chart failure may put U2 off from including it, and this is a similar story for IGCIIDGCT.

GOYB would only be on there to represent No Line with MOS (and possibly NLOTH itself).

They have so little to work with, which is mainly due to the fact that they screwed up 90-00.

Maybe they'll call it The Best of 2004 to 2015.

Not too catchy, though...

Maybe they'll call it The Best of 2004 to 2015.

Not too catchy, though...

Maybe they'll wait until 2020, and call it 'the best of 2000-2020'.

I just wish they didn't mess up the 90-00 best of

Back
Top Bottom