U2 at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, Queen+Adam Lambert played last night here in Chile (AWESOME show)

I started to look at videos and remembered that U2 played via satellite for the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. So I went to Youtube, and I found this:

As you can see, this video starts and ends with the concert logo.
We can see the Bono towel thing, Edge is jumping, and Larry makes the ussual fill to start the song.
The crotch camera happens at the climax of the solo.
The weird thing is that the stage looks like a stadium (and the Tribute Concert was in April, ZooTV 1st leg was indoors), and Bono's Fly shades are smaller and the jacket looks like a normal leather jacket.
And at the finale, Bono yells "here she comes" and "come on" to end the song (no lalalas)

then I saw this video

It starts with an MTV connection "live" to U2 in Sacramento.
Now we see them play in an arena, we can clearly see the cars, the stage is more lit up.
Bono does the towel thing, but The Edge doesn't jump!!.
Larry does a weird entry to the actual song, after the intro (at 0:34).
The crotch camera is in the middle of the solo.
The end also has "here she comes" and "come on", but differently.

So, after all this: which one is the real performance? :scream::crazy::confused:

I remember watching the first link when the Freddie mercury concert was live on tv. I had this performance on a videotape for years.

Queen+Adam Lambert? Shouldn't that be 50% of Queen+Talentless Poser? Kudos to John Deacon for stepping away from that particular trainwreck.

U2 were decadent rock stars and Bowie was reciting the Lord's Prayer. Oh 1992, what happened to you? You were a real mess, weren't you?

Good question...I was at the Sacramento show in '92 which one video is from, but I think the 'other' video is from Oakland, CA the following night.

I don't remember which video they used on the MTV broadcast...:p

U2 were decadent rock stars and Bowie was reciting the Lord's Prayer. Oh 1992, what happened to you? You were a real mess, weren't you?

I've written a few passages about the 90's here and there; being so naive (early 20's) and yet being in a position (military) where so much good could be done or so much wrong, depending on the situation or one's viewpoint. What a clusterfuck the world has become since those days of my youth....or am i the clusterfuck... in a world that just keeps on turning for no real reason other than it's just bigger than every single one of us?

It's worth pondering if only for a little bit, perhaps over a few drinks or a few drags, or a few drinks with a few queens while taking a few drags, whatever. It's all out there. Every single thing you never ever wanted to know but couldn't stop yourself...no turning away.

Some day the current crop of youth around these parts, i know there are a few still with us, some day these "kids" :)wink:) are going to look at all of this that is right now in front of us, and they will talk about it wistfully as though they have invented the circle. Us old fuckers will just smile and nod at them because we kind of understand.

Everything was always better back then wasn't it? It just has to be that way. Still, you must enjoy the now, because tomorrow must be better than today but the day after tomorrow is real motherfucker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom