U2 at the EMA'S???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show started at 9 and will be over in 30 minutes.

Slash presenting Ozzy with an award now. They saved the old guys for the end.

MTV Tweet:
@mtvema: Aaaand we're reminded that @U2 is the biggest rock band in the world for a reason. Their performance... KILLING IT.

How can uk tv be an hour behind when the awards are in the uk??madness

??

Heres a question for everyone. Should u2 even be doing things like this anymore?

I am not sure what MTV is like in Europe but MTV in America has not focused on music videos being their focus on programming since, probably, the year 2000.. and that is being generous.. given that before reality tv became a "thing" they were airing Road Rules, Real World, Road Rules Challenge and other shows before they ultimately changed their programming and focusing less and less on actual music videos.

I am not sure what MTV is like in Europe but MTV in America has not focused on music videos being their focus on programming since, probably, the year 2000.. and that is being generous.. given that before reality tv became a "thing" they were airing Road Rules, Real World, Road Rules Challenge and other shows before they ultimately changed their programming and focusing less and less on actual music videos.

Yeah its the same here in the uk,mtv never shows music but we do have 1000 mtv different music channels. Mtv dance mtv base mtv live mtv rock mtv 2 the list goes on

????????????

Heres a question for everyone. Should u2 even be doing things like this anymore?

I think it's good that they're going there. Their style of music clashes a lot with the rest of the music there, but that could be a good thing too. It makes it stand out a little more, and they're still great performers so it's been getting a lot of positive reactions online.

Plus a non u2 crowd full of youngsters. I was thinking maybe a few would boo with the whole album thing but there were loads of screams.

Made me laugh that the best rock award wasnt even on the live show and they just showed a 30 second linkin park clip?

Good ???? Have seen most so far and for me best yet - and in front if a crowd (circa 10k) his voice was fabulous
I'm not watching the awards (but I'm sure it was the best out of the rest). I'm just comparing it with the past few promotional appearances. It was good. :)

His voice is spectacular as expected, but I much prefer vulnerable-voice Bono to power-voice Bono.

I'm DVRing it as it will air at 9pm. I'll listen and hopefully it was a homerun.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom