U2 at Hollywood Bowl 10/15/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cut & paste of the article:

"Pop giants Lady Gaga, U2, and Usher have been called on to celebrate the tenth anniversary of former President Bill Clinton's namesake organization, which has made vast contributions to various charities over the years.

The big three will share the stage of Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, October 15 to celebrate the tenth birthday of the William J. Clinton Foundation, which has raised over $10 billion towards causes such as global HIV/AIDS treatment and feeding the hungry. The concert, set to be broadcasted worldwide exclusively via Yahoo, will also serve as a belated birthday bash for Clinton, who turned 65 on August 19.

Watch: U2 Perform "Beautiful Day" On 2011 Summer Tour

"A Decade of Difference: A Concert Celebrating Ten Years of the William J. Clinton Foundation" will also feature a rare acoustic performance from U2 guitarist The Edge, along with additional performers and celebrity guests to be announced at a later date.

The concert is being produced by Control Room, the organization that has masterminded many large-scale events such as 2007's Live Earth. A spokeswoman announced that tickets will be available to be purchased by the general public. Proceeds are expected to go towards charity."

Apparently there will be an acoustic performance from The Edge. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

That's because this is the tour forum, and the tour is over. :) It's posted in PLEBA in the misc articles thread and in EYKIW in the thread about Bono saying they won't be back in a while(oh the irony).

I'm glad I'll have left LA 5 days before this because I know I'd only be tempted. And those ticket prices........

One can also go to the Hollywood bowl box office and avoid fees.

I was just there on Sunday night and was thinking how nice it would be for the band to play there at some point.

Thanks popmartijn. The cynic in me says "hold your hats for yet another acoustic Stay and Stuck". The Bonoist in me says, "I bet Bono will leap at the chance to win over the audience of the radio hit-makers. Gaga and her lot." A Bono-Gaga-Edge colab is not too far-fetched. The female in me says "No Adam? Pah. I ain't flying out across the country then." :D

I find the fact that the link on the Billboard-page that says "Watch U2 Perform "Beautiful Day" On 2011 Summer Tour" actually leads to a impersonating tribute band quite hilarious. And sad, if people actually think that's U2. :crack:

According to the official page A Decade Of Difference it's only Bono and The Edge, not the full band.

Yeah. The first couple of articles I saw about this (even the Billboard one, which was subsequently edited) stated that U2 was appearing, and also that The Edge was performing a separate acoustic set. Now everything states Bono & Edge. :|

Every time one of you says B&E I immediately think of.
22442.jpg

:hmm: I'll be at work during the presale. Do you want my Amex card to buy tickets? :shifty: Anyone else announced yet besides Usher and Lady Gaga #toolazytoreadarticle

I hope they still have the cheaper seats on Monday for the regular sale!

Back
Top Bottom