u2 are..............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL at this thread. by the way, U2's version of Speed Of Sound would probably be very good if this was true.

So no chances it's Bitter Sweet Symphony? :sad:

Live Lounge shows usually feature a cover of a contemporary song, but no one seems to be backing the CP rumor up.

If U2 played Speed Of Sound, it would sound exactly like Coldplay doing Speed of Sound.

Normally the idea of the live lounge covers is to do a song that isnt the like the style/genre you do already. Like Dizzee Rascal doing The Ting Tings "Thats Not My Name".

For the love of Christ do something interesting. Id be pleased if they did Sweet About Me or Mercy, but they're probably too old by now.

I was watching the Oscars last night, and they played Coldplay's 'Lovers in Japan' over some sort of video montage. My wife, a big Coldplay fan, heard the song and asked me, "Hey, is that one of the new U2 songs?"

I can only imagine the confusion if they covered Speed of Sound. :)

There's about as much chance of seeing U2 cover Coldplay as you have of seeing a three legged ballerina.

I was watching the Oscars last night, and they played Coldplay's 'Lovers in Japan' over some sort of video montage. My wife, a big Coldplay fan, heard the song and asked me, "Hey, is that one of the new U2 songs?"

I can only imagine the confusion if they covered Speed of Sound. :)

Yeah I know some people who confuse U2 songs and Coldplay songs.
But most of them have learned to know the difference--it's Coldplay if I turn it off and U2 if I continue to play it :wink:

Yeah I know some people who confuse U2 songs and Coldplay songs.
But most of them have learned to know the difference--it's Coldplay if I turn it off and U2 if I continue to play it :wink:

haha, true that. I was just surprised because she has studied music for years, is a big U2 fan, owns Viva la Vida, and she *still* mistook the intro from LiJ for something U2 would have made.

If they are covering Speed Of Sound, good for Bono. I love Coldplay, and it's good that he's paying tribute to a current popular band.

Back
Top Bottom