U2 and their SNL performances...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
They're really awesome.

Really, I know the band has only performed twice, but both were quite memorable. Are there links ANYWHERE for their second performance? I remember being blown away by SYCMIOYO the first time I heard it (then again, it might not be as amazing in retrospect) and surprised as all hell when they busted out the "I Will Follow" :hyper: Kinda felt so-so about "Vertigo," though - I remember having a "what the :censored:" reaction to Bono's gyrations during that song.

So yeah, I suppose what I'm trying to say is U2 is a great live band and their performances on Saturday Night Live only further justifies that claim. And I am a tower of insight.

Anybody got a link (goddamn i'm obnoxious...)? :shifty:

Did you try googling or searchYouTube? Also if you are able to search on Interference I'm sure there's already links or videos posted. I agree they are funny, as are the skits when U2 appeared on Conan's show! :up:

^^^ Yah, I tried youtube... no dice. I tend to think of myself as a fairly internet savvy individual, but it's becoming a real :censored: finding these performances... which is killing me, 'cause they're amaaaaaaziiiiiiing!

I forgot about the Conan appearance... honestly, though, I was a bit let down by that one. Bono seemed a bit out of it the entire time (but Conan's social with the fans standing in line was hilarious!). I did like his comparison of America and Ireland's viewpoints on the rich, though :lol:

I liked both of the performances. Conan was funny and the accoustic performance of Stuck was the best one they'd ever done of that song, IMO.

I have the videos but they are very big and I don't think I can upload them, maybe someone else can.

I can upload the performances for you. I suppose if I put them on you tube they would just get pulled down so I could put them somewhere like mega upload if you want to download them.

IWF..... mpeg .......87.7 mb
IWF..... mpeg4 .....9.23
SYCMIOYO... mpeg ...107 mb
Vertigo.... mpeg ........92 mb
Vertigo....... mpeg4 ....9.6 mb

also have from 2000

Beautiful Day...... avi ......64.5 mb

and for some reason I only have the last 2 minutes of Elevation....... mpeg4 ........18.4mb

(need to look into where the rest of that is :hmm: )

Anyways... let me know which you would like.

I'm sure the audio is on u2start, maybe the video, too. And the video is probably on U2Torrents.

I can upload the performances for you. I suppose if I put them on you tube they would just get pulled down so I could put them somewhere like mega upload if you want to download them.

IWF..... mpeg .......87.7 mb
IWF..... mpeg4 .....9.23
SYCMIOYO... mpeg ...107 mb
Vertigo.... mpeg ........92 mb
Vertigo....... mpeg4 ....9.6 mb

also have from 2000

Beautiful Day...... avi ......64.5 mb

and for some reason I only have the last 2 minutes of Elevation....... mpeg4 ........18.4mb

(need to look into where the rest of that is :hmm: )

Anyways... let me know which you would like.

If possible... all of 'em :wink:
But I can imagine that's a bit impractical (and time consuming), so I'll just say I've been wanting to see "I Will Follow" most, followed by "SYCMIOYO," and lastly, "Vertigo."

Curses, NBC, curses! :mad:

EDIT: Just thought I'd let everyone know that I am now listening to HTDAAB. There's something about this record that makes me listen to it every Thanksgiving. Maybe it has something to do with the album releasing in November (my first pre-release U2-hype record), as well as, the following year, their concert taking place. Good times.

I think I have the complete Conan shows on dvd somewhere :hmm: Weren't they on more than one show during the week or am I mistaken. I remember one of the skits was the year 2121 (or whatever year they use) with Edge and Larry? And lots of other skits. Maybe I'll try and look for them.

Of course I wouldn't have a clue how to upload them :lol: Big help I am :wink: But..............................................................there's always Lila :shifty:

I have the whole performance, but it's a flv-file, I downloaded it from You Tube where it's not available any more. Size ca. 10 MB, if someone still needs it.

That would be great lu! I do wish I could find a good program for converting flv files though... I have alot of stuff in that format but I hate it. Does anyone know a good converting program for them? I have tried a few that supposedly say they can do it, but they never work. Anyways. I'd like it last unicorn :)

Catman I'll start uploading the files :wave:

I might try putting one on you tube and see what happens :shifty:

First file is ready. Um... are these allowed to be posted here? Could a mod please let me know if I can post these links or do they need to be emailed. :hmm: Thanks.

That would be great lu! I do wish I could find a good program for converting flv files though... I have alot of stuff in that format but I hate it. Does anyone know a good converting program for them? I have tried a few that supposedly say they can do it, but they never work. Anyways. I'd like it last unicorn :)

Here it is:

http://www.send space.com/file/oif7sw

Btw, have you tried to use Media Convert? I think it should be possible to convert flv files into another format. I always keep my flv files because they're much smaller than other video formats.

I think I have the complete Conan shows on dvd somewhere :hmm: Weren't they on more than one show during the week or am I mistaken. I remember one of the skits was the year 2121 (or whatever year they use) with Edge and Larry? And lots of other skits. Maybe I'll try and look for them.

Of course I wouldn't have a clue how to upload them :lol: Big help I am :wink: But..............................................................there's always Lila :shifty:
It was just one episode, though they devoted the entire show to the band. Of course then on two subsequent nights, they showed 'U2 Secrets' sketches that they'd filmed while the band was there.

The show started with Conan quizzing the U2 fans who had lined up early about the band, then the band came out and performed (it's been so long, I can't remember what they played first... All Because of You?) then Conan and Edge did the In the Year 2000 sketch (which they started doing on the show in the 90s.. then kept doing after the actual year 2000 came and went, adding new absurdity to it), Bono also came out at the end of that sketch.
Next came an interview with the whole band, including some funny photoshopped pictures of the band. The band performed again (Original of the Species this time?) then Conan did an interview with just Bono, focusing on Africa. After that Bono and Edge started an acoustic version of Stuck, which ended with the rest of the band joining them. They played Vertigo to end the show, though I think the end of it got cut off.

The U2 Secrets sketches were part of a series of Celebrity Secrets pieces the show has done over the years. It basically consisted of clips of the band members sitting in a jail cell setting with booze and cigarettes, confessing to absurd secrets. The best one was Edge saying Bono hits him. Adam didn't participate in the U2 Secrets.

Here it is:

http://www.send space.com/file/oif7sw

Btw, have you tried to use Media Convert? I think it should be possible to convert flv files into another format. I always keep my flv files because they're much smaller than other video formats.

Yes I have tried Media Convert. It didn't work :shrug: not sure why, but every time I have tried the files were no good when it finished.

Thanks for the upload :)

I've nearly got all mine uploaded. I'll post them all once they're done.

First file is ready. Um... are these allowed to be posted here? Could a mod please let me know if I can post these links or do they need to be emailed. :hmm: Thanks.
:bow: You are a god among men!

If they do not allow it being posted here...

jrsmithling@gmail.com :wink:

I'm quite excited about this! It's been 4 years since I've seen this performance... curse you, NBC and your strict online regulations :madwife:

The U2 Secrets sketches were part of a series of Celebrity Secrets pieces the show has done over the years. It basically consisted of clips of the band members sitting in a jail cell setting with booze and cigarettes, confessing to absurd secrets. The best one was Edge saying Bono hits him. Adam didn't participate in the U2 Secrets.

Adam has no humour.

:tsk:

Catman :wave: no problem! I have the later show finished so here are the links. By the way I tried putting one on you tube and it was pulled down before it even finished processing :grumpy:

Remember to remove the space between mega and upload!

IWF..... mpeg .......87.7 mb - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=9TT3Q0FF
IWF..... mpeg4 .....9.23 - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=FMM4AZZT
SYCMIOYO... mpeg ...107 mb - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=PIT7WKUV
SYCMIOYO... mpeg4 ...11.3 mb - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=JEZUKX3G
Vertigo.... mpeg ........92 mb - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=AM71GNZH
Vertigo....... mpeg4 ....9.6 mb - http://www.mega upload.com/?d=12SW5A2M

will post the older ones soon :)

It was just one episode, though they devoted the entire show to the band. Of course then on two subsequent nights, they showed 'U2 Secrets' sketches that they'd filmed while the band was there.

The show started with Conan quizzing the U2 fans who had lined up early about the band, then the band came out and performed (it's been so long, I can't remember what they played first... All Because of You?) then Conan and Edge did the In the Year 2000 sketch (which they started doing on the show in the 90s.. then kept doing after the actual year 2000 came and went, adding new absurdity to it), Bono also came out at the end of that sketch.
Next came an interview with the whole band, including some funny photoshopped pictures of the band. The band performed again (Original of the Species this time?) then Conan did an interview with just Bono, focusing on Africa. After that Bono and Edge started an acoustic version of Stuck, which ended with the rest of the band joining them. They played Vertigo to end the show, though I think the end of it got cut off.

Thanks, DOL.

Must be the U2 secrets from the other nights I'm thinking about. That disc can't be too far away. Guess I'll look for it tomorrow :)

THANK YOU, BONOCOMET! I'm downloading right now :hyper:

EDIT: Just watched it! Overall, my recollections were correct! "Vertigo" still had Bono's funky gyrations (though not as bad as I remembered), "Sometimes..." was REALLY good, and "I Will Follow" was amaaaaaaazing! I love how Amy Poehler is genuinely excited about the whole performance and acts like a kid in a candy store at the very end. Good stuff. I heart U2.
Really hope they play SNL on their next promo tour :heart:

You're welcome :)

Those are fantastic performances. :up:

I'm going to post Beautiful Day later tonight, and LU posted Elevation (above) already so we'll be all set.

And agreed, SNL next promo tour please!

Given that he's the only member of U2 to have been arrested, and has also been sober since the mid 90s, they probably just didn't feel comfortable filming a comedy sketch with him sitting in a jail cell, with a bottle of liquor.
Geez, you'd imagine that is exactly why he would send himself up! A british comedy show would've milked that for all it was worth!

No problem :wave:

And I'll post Beautiful Day from 2000 in a few minutes. (Sorry I fell asleep last night before i found the file to upload it :reject: ) It's nearly ready though.

Back
Top Bottom