U2 and MTV EMA Discussion 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny how Larry drops one of his drums stick in the middle of SBS. And Adam, man... that the most animated I've seen him in years. Awesome!

Katy did mention after the U2 segment that there would be "more magic from Brandenburg" later in the show, so there might be another song coming....

Man, I love Bono's fucking jackets. Give me this jacket, his Inauguration jacket, and basically any leather jacket he's ever worn. :drool:

It was an amazing performance!! Wished I was there.

Check the great videos of every song on U2gigs.com YouTube - U2006com's Channel

The only thing that annoyed me, and also annoyed me during U2 360, is that EVERYBODY in the audience is holding their mobile to make pictures/videos. That really changes the atmosphere in the audience. It's so much greater if everybody is jumping up and down, dancing etc...
But I guess I shouldn't complain, otherwise there were not these great videos on u2gigs.com...

Thanks to everyone who posted the links- I was pissed last night because during the awards show they only played 3 of the songs performed...

Good see that they won best live act. :up:
But I was horrified that Tokio Hotel won best group. :angry:

Keith Olberman names U2 one of the worst people in the world.

YouTube - U2 & MTV WORST PERSONS IN THE WORLD!!!

It's time someone named Keith the worse talking head in the world and can his show!

What an idiot. What bothers me is his implication that somehow the people inside the wall had paid to get in there and it was just greediness to make sure non-paying ticketless people couldn't watch the show.

I know some people from work yesterday who were reading the news stories on the internet had gotten the same impression.

Is it me or was that the best version of Sunday Bloody Sunday since Red Rocks?? I'm completely blown away. Moment of Surrender was incredible too!! they have a history of some exceptional performances at the MTVs particularly in the 90s and this is right up there for me!

Yeah, it's quite remarkable considering that U2 usually isn't so good when performing at such events, but the band was clearly into it, giving a very good show.

Back
Top Bottom