U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is how Bono thinks he looks when he bicycles:

tumblr_n67mzh4MKu1s8hnhko1_400.gif

This is how Bono really looks when he bicycles:

716c56b61dba9845b36a9fbc25a2efe1.gif

I can't imagine Larry's face at the moment he knew about Bono's accident... :D

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can't imagine Jimmy's face... He went from I'm having U2 for a week to oh shit who can I book with this short of notice?!

I'm sure there will be plenty of bands who would drop anything to be on the tonight show.

I'm sure there will be plenty of bands who would drop anything to be on the tonight show.

Yep. For Leno, they always had people they could go to if guests cancelled at the last minute, so it wouldn't surprise me here.

I'm now wondering if there were any fans who traveled out there to try and be in the audience this week? I know these tickets are usually reserved months ahead of time, but I'm sort of concerned that some fans might have went out there to take their chances in the stand-by line or something?

Of course there are, BUT still the logistics of the Monday show has to be a nightmare for these folks since they film in a few hours.

But also I'm thinking U2 were probably written into the show as well, so the writers are scrambling, and who knows the Roots may have had something up their sleeves as well. All I'm saying is that Jimmy is probably a little more pissed than Larry right now, Larry is always pissed, but he's probably relieved he doesn't have to listen to Bono emoting the songs the wrong way this week.

I have a feeling there's going to be a "Hitler finds out U2 postpones their Tonight Show residency" video showing up on YouTube soon. :giggle:

Not for nothing its been cold, windy and drizzling all day. Go to a fucking soul cycle if you need to ride a bike so badly

I know a young college student who planned to go. They'd scrimped together the money, but I don't think they were going until the end of the week. I'll make sure they know about this.

I thought the weather had been unpleasant up there and you confirmed it. It had to be slick in the park, leaves and all. Ugh! Poor guy. Heal well, sir and REST! That's an order! :heart:

Yep, the bike loop is pretty much the same as the running one. It was cold and gloomy all day but it was dry, not drizzly, at least until I got inside at 6:30 this evening. Even without cars though, Central Park's roads have a lot of traffic with all the bikes and the joggers, and Bono probably was fresh off the plane from London and not at his most rested - yeah, should have just done a session on the stationary bike!

Yep, the bike loop is pretty much the same as the running one. It was cold and gloomy all day but it was dry, not drizzly, at least until I got inside at 6:30 this evening. Even without cars though, Central Park's roads have a lot of traffic with all the bikes and the joggers, and Bono probably was fresh off the plane from London and not at his most rested - yeah, should have just done a session on the stationary bike!

Seems so.

I hope the surgery goes well and he heals fully and quickly. Maybe he'll at least REST some! Crazy schedule he keeps!

Not for nothing its been cold, windy and drizzling all day. Go to a fucking soul cycle if you need to ride a bike so badly

You can't be serious. People ride their bikes in the rain all the time. Shit people here ride their bikes all winter long(Yukon). Shit happens. Bono doesn't need to alter his lifestyle. He or you or I want to ride our bikes in November so be it.

I almost feel worse for Jimmy than I feel for Bono right now. I'm sure Bono's in good hands and will be fine. But how do you book replacements on such a big show on such a short notice if your residence band can't perform? IMO, the other three band members should make some kind of appearance at least.

I hope Bono gets better soon and will be able to perform again. He can have his arm bandaged and all, he should still be able to sing.

Five nights of Van Dieman's Land !

Back
Top Bottom