U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they do debut another SOI song, they will have played as many songs from SOI on the promo tour as they have ever played from NLOTH.

I expect they will stick to selections from the six already heard, though. Four or five SOI songs, and one or two classics.

Or, y'know, they'll stun us all by doing my TV Gaga Reprise Super Spectacular.

If they played something like 11 O Clock Tick Tock, A Sort Of Homecoming or Bad, my head would explode.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wouldn't that be something? They'd said stuff in the past about digging out songs from the vault for the tour. If they're announcing the tour next week, and wanting people to buy tickets to come hear long-lost U2 classics, what better way than to play A Sort of Homecoming or something on the show?

Yeah, right. HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa.

Night 1: The Miracle, Song for Someone (acoustic).
Night 2: California, A Sort of Homecoming.
Night 3: Volcano, Every Breaking Wave (acoustic).
Night 4: Iris, Beautiful Day
Night 5: Reach Me Now, 11 O clock Tick Tock.

The above is completely realistic and would fit with SOI themes.

However, we all know U2 is U2, so this should be the "let's prevent acoustic Stuck/Desire/In A Little While" plan:

-If they are not feeling daring enough for 11 O Clock, they can do Out of Control or I Will Follow.
-If they are not feeling daring enough for A Sort of Homecoming, they could do Bad or Pride. I know, people are probably screaming at even the thought of Pride, but I'd take it any day over acoustic Stuck or acoustic Desire.

Night 1: The Miracle, Song for Someone (acoustic).
Night 2: California, A Sort of Homecoming.
Night 3: Volcano, Every Breaking Wave (acoustic).
Night 4: Iris, Beautiful Day
Night 5: Reach Me Now, 11 O clock Tick Tock.

The above is completely realistic and would fit with SOI themes.

However, we all know U2 is U2, so this should be the "let's prevent acoustic Stuck/Desire/In A Little While" plan:

-If they are not feeling daring enough for 11 O Clock, they can do Out of Control or I Will Follow.
-If they are not feeling daring enough for A Sort of Homecoming, they could do Bad or Pride. I know, people are probably screaming at even the thought of Pride, but I'd take it any day over acoustic Stuck or acoustic Desire.

U2 playing two songs every night is in no way realistic

What I would like to see
Night 1: This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now, Song For Someone(acoustic couch)
Night 2: The Miracle
Night 3: Every Breaking Wave
Night 4: Crystal Ballroom
Night 5: Acrobat, A Sort of Homecoming/11 O Clock Tick Tock

Some US promotion will help the album along with a tour announcement. Hopefully they have some interesting opening acts this tour as well, that would be a bonus.

U2 playing two songs every night is in no way realistic

Don't know if you can say that.

We don't really have precedent for residencies on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.

So until we do, I'd say it's realistic. At least if we're going on opening night where they played 2 songs.

I guess we can't really say one way or the other until it happens.

Very likely it will only be 1 per night, just as likely 2 some or all nights.

Nor is U2 playing A sort of Homecoming or 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

They haven't:
A: Had 6 months of rehearsals
2. Grown the balls to play something rare that they haven't played in years

They've played songs that hadn't been touched in years on promo tours before. See "She's A Mystery to Me" on HTDAAB promo tour and "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" on ATYCLB promo tour.

Neither song is difficult to play.

11 O Clock they could do in their sleep and ASOH is U2 by numbers and only hard vocally. Which isn't an issue for a one off performance.

I'm not saying that either song will definitely be played, but to say it's completely unrealistic is a stretch.

As for "growing the balls," this is the band that played MOS and Ultraviolet on SNL in 2009.

Anything can happen.

As Axver always says, go through the last 2 tours and ask yourself if, at the beginning, you ever expected Electric Co or Your Blue Room or The Ocean or Zooropa to be played.

Don't know if you can say that.

We don't really have precedent for residencies on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.

So until we do, I'd say it's realistic. At least if we're going on opening night where they played 2 songs.

I guess we can't really say one way or the other until it happens.

Very likely it will only be 1 per night, just as likely 2 some or all nights.

He has two additional guests every evening except for Thursday. The show is only an hour long. He has to do his corny monolog and thank you notes and other random goofy corny crap that he always does as well.

It's not impossible, but it's not likely. Best shots at multiple songs are Monday and Thursday. Not every night.

Since Edge will be at the piano would love to hear them play Every Breaking Wave/Running To Stand Still...please ask them Jimmy.

Bono injured in cycling accident today. Requires surgery. Tonight Show appearance cancelled.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/from-edge-adam-larry

It looks like we will have to do our Tonight Show residency another time - we're one man down. Bono has injured his arm in a cycling spill in Central Park and requires some surgery to repair it. We're sure he'll make a full recovery soon, so we'll be back! Much thanks to Jimmy Fallon and everyone at the show for their understanding.

Holy shit! On U2.com:
It looks like we will have to do our Tonight Show residency another time - we're one man down. Bono has injured his arm in a cycling spill in Central Park and requires some surgery to repair it. We're sure he'll make a full recovery soon, so we'll be back! Much thanks to Jimmy Fallon and everyone at the show for their understanding.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, crap. At least it's not his back again. Which also happened while riding a bike in NYC.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom