U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the band loves SOI and will continue promoting it as soon as Bono is capable to perform again. They've done some heavy promotion in the last weeks and public opinion has started to be turned around because of these performances, a lot of people loved it.The album will play a big part on the next tour. I don't expect SOE to be out anytime soon.

Songs of Innocence definitely isn't done. While I think Bono's health is the most important thing right now, I'm also very sure that the music is very much on his mind and he'll try to get back to performing asap. In the meantime he can continue call into radio stations and give interviews.

Songs of Innocence may get a bounce from the accident it's self... at least on radio. With Every Breaking Wave hitting, radio stations won't be able to help themselves with the lead in.

But the band's promotion of the album, as far as North America is concerned, is DOA.

It will be months before Bono is able to perform again. That we haven't seen or heard from him yet, unlike after his back surgery, is very telling. He's in bad shape.

Experience won't be ready for the tour either, unless it's already done.

All plans are in a hold until further notice. We don't even know if he's capable of singing right now with until the broken bones in his face heal.

Sadly I was ridiculed by many people here when I said that now that the promo for SOI is obviously come to an end before it even began that the album is dead in the water.

It will probably get a slight bounce from just overall attention brought to it by Fallon for a few days. Also iTunes is selling SOI+ now, which who the hell knows how that will be counted in the charts. The iTunes deal seems so disorganized that I think Guy O' needs a good kick in the ass after this. Lots of details were not considered. (sorry, i digress)

Anyway, I said that this album will go down like another POP. A true gem of an album that is appreciated by the fans, but will be written off by the general public.

Carry on

high-horse.jpg

Who knows? I know it seems absurd, but so it was the Apple release.

The new management is really agressive.

If it's indeed true, it must have been a nightmare for Fallon and his people. Kudos to him for pulling it off :up:

When I read about the 70% thing I was like: Oh no, this could have been amazing for the band.

Hopefully Bono doesn't feel to bad about it, but I guess he does, I'm sure he's pissed like hell.

I did notice that for most of the rest of the week, they didn't bring in any last-minute musical guests. Instead, they mostly had stand-up comedians, and one night they had chef Mario Batali (who happens to be friends with U2).

Back
Top Bottom