U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i'm trying to pinpoint the day i should stop visiting Blue Crack, just in case there are any surprises in the soundcheck. i was thinking next Sunday would be my cut off.

Sounds about right.

We're going to miss you, Mikal! :angry:

Still no complete tracklistings yet?????? Within two months it should be in the stores....:hmm::hmm:

Not entirely sure how much of this info is new, but:

U2 Expanding 'Unforgettable Fire' This Fall | Billboard.com

Due October 27 from Island/Universal, four options will be available that include B-sides, rarities, alternate versions, and previously unreleased songs including "Disappearing Act" (a.k.a. "White City"), a song that was originally started in 1983 with Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. Only recently the band put the finishing touches on "Disappearing Act" in France, according to an interview with BBC Radio 1.

Handling the re-mastering duties was U2 guitarist The Edge. The four versions will include a 180 gram vinyl album version, a standard re-mastered CD version, a deluxe double version with a 36 page bound book and a limited edition super deluxe box set, which includes the 2 CD version, a 56 page bound book, 5 portfolio prints and a DVD that will feature rare videos, concert footage and a "Making of" documentary of the album.

:)

DVD that will feature rare videos, concert footage and a "Making of" documentary of the album.

Do they have a full UF show in their vaults ?

It'll be the one most of us already have on Slane DVD, which is in my opinion a bit of a cheeky cop-out, since they know that the majority of people who splash out and buy the boxset will also have the Slane DVD.

It'll be the one most of us already have on Slane DVD, which is in my opinion a bit of a cheeky cop-out, since they know that the majority of people who splash out and buy the boxset will also have the Slane DVD.

True, but I'm glad it's going to be there because 1) It'd be nice to have it all together, and 2) personally, I don't own Slane :)sad: ) and so have never seen the documentary :)tsk: )

It was kind of a quirky bonus on the Slane DVD, but it certainly makes more sense to put it on the UF DVD. It makes a nice counterpart to the Joshua Tree tour documentary that was on the JT DVD.

I'll expect your U2 fan membership card in the mail :tsk:

Isn't the fact that there's anything TUF related I haven't seen punishment enough? :sad:

No, honestly, it's not my fault I don't own Slane, my step-mom, kind of a bitch, decided that she'd just take my Christmas Presents back to the store one year and use the money for something more useful, so I didn't get Slane or Elevation Boston. Yeah, I could buy it on my own, but it makes me grumpy just thinking about it.

Do they have a full UF show in their vaults ?

Yeah, 21 November 1984, Dortmund, but it's a pretty short show.

I keep hoping they have a bit of a longer show lurking in the vaults ...

Aside from Dortmund is there full concert that was pro-shot from the UF tour? Offhand there is nothing I can think of. I think there is some pro-shot footage of the 85 Croke Park concert, but not the full concert.

Would be great if the Self Aid and Amnesty performances were included. Self Aid is U2's best "short" performance ever. It owns everything else, including the Amnesty performance a month or so later.

Detalhes da re-edição de The Unforgettable Fire

CD Principal e Vinil 12":

- A Sort Of Homecoming
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Wire
- The Unforgettable Fire
- Promenade
- 4th Of July
- Bad
- Indian Summer Sky
- Elvis Presley & America
- MLK

CD Bonus:

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Unreleased Version)
- Bass Trap
- Boomerang I
- Boomerang II
- Love Comes Tumbling
- 60 Seconds In Kingdom Come
- The Three Sunrises
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live Live Aid)
- Bad (Live Live Aid) [following three tracks must be snippets]
- Walk On The Wild Side
- Ruby Tuesday
- Satellite Of Love
- Disappearing Act (Unreleased Track)
- Yoshino Blossom (Unreleased Track)

DVD:

- Dormund Westfallhen November 1984
- The Barry Devlin Slane Document [what]
- U2 At Cospiracy Of Hope
- U2 At Live Aid
- Unforgettable Fire Ducumer (Barry Delvin)

Cospiracy of Hope!

:up: Fack yeah! But was hoping they would have the Bad an A Sorta Homecoming from the Wide Awake In America disc, for the sake of completism.

Yoshino Blossom! :drool:

Japanese inspiration? A songs that explores The Unforgettable Fire exhibition in some sorta depth?

:up: Fack yeah! But was hoping they would have the Bad an A Sorta Homecoming from the Wide Awake In America disc, for the sake of completism.

As much as I don't rate very highly those 'live' songs on WAIA (too much studio tinkering in them; proof: the multiple versions of ASOH) it is surprising to see them not included in this compilation. Perhaps U2 are embarassed about them?!

Is the song list posted here a few posts back official?

I respect this super deluxe version, but I can't help feeling like there have been some missed opportunities and it could've been even better. The live WAIA tracks are missing as already noted, as is the extended 4th Of July and alternate Love Comes Tumbling, and I'll be very surprised if Yoshino Blossom turns out to be the same as the unreleased instrumental that is currently floating around since that title doesn't suit it at all. I was hoping that instrumental would get a release and an actual title.

Will "U2 at Conspiracy of Hope" be a whole concert?
Will probably be the final show of the Conspiracy of Hope tour since that one was broadcast. The setlist was -

MLK
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Maggie's Farm / Cold Turkey
Help

Other songs that included U2 / Bono were -

Sun City
Invisible Sun
I Shall Be Released

I doubt these 3 would be included since they also feature other performers.

tracklist looks good to me. can't wait for the unreleased tracks. UF remastered is just going to sound wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom