U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope that they don't eq the fuck out of and separate everything. The murk is a large part of it's appeal. It's a soup. REM killed Reckoning with the reissue. The original cd sounded pretty awful, but the new one sounds even less like the vinyl, which sounds amazing.

My favorite format for UF is actually cassette!

Information and tracklisting about TUF remaster should have been announced by now... I wonder if there is another delay in the air....

Per @U2

Three Unforgettable Fire Remasters ... at least on Amazon
Posted: August 17, 2009
By: m2

Amazon.com is now listing three different Unforgettable Fire remasters with an October 20 release date, but oddly, each release is listed as an import.

Standard Version (1-CD/$29.49 import price)

Deluxe version (1-CD/$48.49 import price)

Super Deluxe version (1-CD/$56.99 import price)

For what it's worth, CD Universe also lists three versions, each an import, each a single CD, and each available in North America on October 20. Amazon UK also lists three single-CD versions with an October 19 release date.

Seems like it might be wise to hold off on pre-ordering until there's an official announcement with details of the release.

Per @U2

Amazon.com is now listing three different Unforgettable Fire remasters with an October 20 release date, but oddly, each release is listed as an import.

For what it's worth, CD Universe also lists three versions, each an import, each a single CD, and each available in North America on October 20. Amazon UK also lists three single-CD versions with an October 19 release date.

Seems like it might be wise to hold off on pre-ordering until there's an official announcement with details of the release.

:up: Very Cool. Thanks for posting. This is the one remaster that I am most looking forward to. I have my original vinyl still.......:cute:

Hmmm, super deluxe or deluxe??? Can't wait for the details to help me decide......

Please remind me again... WHY should I buy these albums again, if I already have them?

Because U2 are down to their last few hundred million and need financial assistance to sustain their extravagant lifestyles.

More seriously, audiophiles will tell you that the remasters sound a lot better than what you already own. Then there's also the extra bonus material (b-sides, live tracks etc) - the problem is that most of this stuff is already widely available on the internet, legally or otherwise. The big attraction would be whatever DVD content is on the super deluxe version (probably an official version of a concert such as Dortmund that's been freely circulating for years). But, the JT DVD did have an unexpected concert, admittedly one that was so poorly filmed and edited as to make a mockery of the phrase 'pro-shot' (love the performance though). I suppose the big attraction of the JT DVD was the documentary and Red Hill Mining Town video. I don't think anyone was expecting either of them.

TUF has really stood the test of time as an album. I think it's when U2 ceased to be 'very good' and elevated themselves onto a level of greatness that carried on.

TUF (the song) also sounds incredible live and I was thrilled to hear it a few weeks ago. When the Claw screen lights up and starts to extend...:drool:

No other U2 album has the same 'texture' to its sound. TUF is awesome for that. An album before its time almost in terms of the quality and maturity of the songs. Weird almost for them at the age of 23-24 to make a beautiful purposely understated song like Promenade but then 20 years later make an almost silly bombast of a song like Vertigo.

I am hoping that SOA contains some more songs like TUF and Promenade since that side of U2 has been awol for ages.

I love TUF... by far my favorite U2 album of the 80s... I hope to get the supah-deluxe version when it is released.

u2 tour.de says that Bono and Edge, in an interview with the BBC radio 1, said there will be a old-new song on the remaster. They wrote it with Lanois in 1983 but never finished, and they added vocals 6 months ago. Original title White City, now it's called "(You do your) Disappearing Act".

this is all we have so far:

Per @U2

For what it's worth, Amazon sometimes erroneously lists upcoming releases as imports when they're newly added to the database. I'd bet good money that the import tag will be gone from those links very soon.

I'm going to bet that the remaster will be officially announced with a tracklist during the break between the first and second legs of the tour. After all, not much else is going to be happening for those three weeks.

I'm going to bet that the remaster will be officially announced with a tracklist during the break between the first and second legs of the tour. After all, not much else is going to be happening for those three weeks.

Possibly a tour announcement for next year? at least a map

They'll probably start migrating over to either Chicago or Toronto within the next few days.

They'll probably start migrating over to either Chicago or Toronto within the next few days.

yeah, i'm trying to pinpoint the day i should stop visiting Blue Crack, just in case there are any surprises in the soundcheck. i was thinking next Sunday would be my cut off.

Back
Top Bottom