U2 acoustic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats your favorite acoustic version and what would you like to see done acoustically?

I love Please and Desire...and the little bit I heard of Acrobat

i'd like to see One and Angel of Harlem stripped down

Anything off the Zoo TV acoustic set, SATS, Stay and First time/Stuck off the last two tours.

drowning man. of course i know i have a better chance of sprouting wings and flying around the planet than ever getting to hear that song live.

Yes. Earlier today, I was listening to Drowning Man and thought it would probably work acoustically better than anything else U2 has attempted. But even in that case, it wouldn't be half as good as if they did it properly.

Now, sure, some bands can do their songs acoustically and not seem like they're watering things down in a really lazy, dodgy manner. U2 are not one of those bands.

The acoustic version of Stuck In A Moment is superior to the studio version in all aspects...

While they usually don't pull off acoustic material very well live, I am much more forgiving when I am there live vs. listening to the bootleg afterwards...

And I think it has to be said that I would rather have the chance to experience some of the seldom played material like for example Drowning Man or A Sort Of Homecoming or In God's Country acoustic then not at all... maybe that's just me :shrug:

The acoustic version of Stuck In A Moment is superior to the studio version in all aspects...

While they usually don't pull off acoustic material very well live, I am much more forgiving when I am there live vs. listening to the bootleg afterwards...

And I think it has to be said that I would rather have the chance to experience some of the seldom played material like for example Drowning Man or A Sort Of Homecoming or In God's Country acoustic then not at all... maybe that's just me :shrug:

Agreed on all counts. When you're there, it's like, ok get on with it after the second one...but listening at home, I really like it.

I can't remember if they have done ASOH or IGH acoustic, but I love playing around with both those songs at home. I would especially love to see ASOH acoustic or full for that matter next tour :drool: :up:

They did do A Sort of Homecoming acoustically in Oakland on Elevation. I think it was with a fan. In God's Country they did acoustically throughout Elevation as well a couple of times.

I'm not really into U2 accoustic, tho Yahweh sounded decently last tour... Desire still works too but I prefer the ZooTv guitar!

I seriously love U2 accoustic, even if this just means: Bono and Edge. I love he Union Chapel gig, mostly because of Bono's strong voice. He has to sing really well in order to pull off an accoustic performance where it's just his voice and Edge's guitar (or piano). I like this. On the last tour they did some great accousic stuff like Stuck (the Conan version is excellent) and Yahweh, also some things that didn't work out so well, but overall I really hope they do more accoustic stuff on the next tour. I like it because it shows that such a big band can still be so intimate. Btw, I loved the First Time accoustic, too, so simple and beautiful.

Vertibanjo is quite clearly the defining moment in the history of all recorded music.

Stuck in a Moment and Acrobat have nice acoustic live versions. And Stay, during Zoo TV, even though it was full-band. Also, Angel of Harlem.

Back
Top Bottom