U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
6CFBA7A3-97EE-44BC-A4D5-8EC69C6E2C90_zpslcyvut07.png

U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

I tried listening to some of their previous podcasts, but they were just too irritating and they rambled a lot about random things. This one, though, was really good. It's nice to hear the band interviewed by fans and asking different questions than the usual stuff we hear over and over again from journalists.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah this was a great interview, very refreshing in terms of the band's answers and the relaxed vibe, but I'm not touching any of their other episodes with a ten foot pole, jesus christ!

the parts where they were weren't with the band, and therefore on their best behaviour so to speak, made me cringe! Obviously has an audience who love it but I find them painfully unfunny, personally.

Niiiiice.

I had a hard time believing they'd pass up the chance to comment on this tour.

And hopefully they'll be back again for SOE to tell us how much the band ruined the handful of songs that were previewed for them.

I think it's ironic that more people here - especially those of us in the "post in excess of a million posts of inane and otherwise unrelated to U2 blather" category - don't enjoy this podcast more. It's almost oddly parallel to what we do here - talk shit and rib each other about 80% of the time, and then always seem to bring it around to U2 somehow, because, well, we're huge U2 fans.

I don't listen to this podcast to learn anything about U2 at all. I doubt they'll ever say anything illuminating that I didn't already know. But they're two U2-geeks who are kinda funny. So on that count, I like listening to it.

They got to hear tracks from the original incarnation of SOE, that's def information that few of us have. And if they do wind up explaining how the songs changed on the way to the eventual release versions that could be illuminating.

Their tastes re: the actual music tend to be a little basic for the most part.

Oh, I've listened to them all and yes, they tend to ramble and go off topic a lot but this one in particular seemed very off focus from the start. Maybe its just me though.

Not just you. In the beginning they started off the show very focused (three albums in one ep I think) and from there slowed their pace considerably with tangents/bits. At this point it's very much on purpose, in this one especially.

Honestly, the podcast is far more for comedy fans than U2 fans. U2 is really just an excuse for them to goof around. I love it, but most probably won't.

I've only listened to a few and they definitely ramble way too much. The UF episode had about 15 mins of U2 material with a bunch of other crap. And I dont think they know that much about U2 than they claim to, or they're playing down their knowledge dramatically. They could be adding a lot more fun trivia, although it's probably just die hards listening to this who already know all the details anyway. When they do talk about U2 it's pretty fun. Overall kinda disappointing.

It's a comedy show first and foremost. The rambling/goofing off/nonsense is the needle and U2 are the thread & excuse for them doing the show. It's absolutely more for comedy fans than it is U2 fans. The main joke is the premise itself that it's the "complete and encyclopedic compendium for all things U2." when the show itself hardly stays on track of discussing U2.

That being said the most interesting part for me was when they talked about Little Things closing the show, they said it was not one of the ones Bono played for them after their "white whale" interview in August 2015.

They said one of the previewed songs was similar in style/tone to TLTTGYA but "a lot of the stuff he played" was more "driving." They said everything they heard was all "great shit" and both frustratingly questioned and bemoaned them for not releasing the material yet.

I think all of us here would agree...

Back
Top Bottom