Tour to kick off in Paris in May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm liking the volcano stage idea lol. I wish they would hurry up and announce dates I need to book flights back to UK.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

as they called the Volcano Tour then they will start with Bullet The Blue Sky as opening song :hyper:

Were there any poor selling Zoo TV shows?

Williams Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Attendance: 28,305

Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Attendance: 35,177

Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego, CA
Attendance: 33,575

Wembley Stadium, London (3rd date)
Attendance: 40,000

Football Park, Adelaide, Australia
Attendance: 30,000

Lancaster Park, Christchurch, NZ
Attendance: 25,000

Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, NZ
Attendance: 42,000

Vox

Williams Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Attendance: 28,305

Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Attendance: 35,177

Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego, CA
Attendance: 33,575

Wembley Stadium, London (3rd date)
Attendance: 40,000

Football Park, Adelaide, Australia
Attendance: 30,000

Lancaster Park, Christchurch, NZ
Attendance: 25,000

Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, NZ
Attendance: 42,000

Vox

Not sellouts by any stretch, though nowhere near the lows of Germany and Florida on Popmart.
Also worth noting the second Melbourne gig at MCG in 1993 drew 35,742 punters, nowhere near the capacity of that huge venue.

Only 40,000 at wembley? How many shows did they do at wembley on that tour?was there more then 3?

I think if you showed up at Wembley with your dole card (or whatever it was called at the time) you could gain free entry to this show.

Really?they would have no problem filling wembley if that was the case now ? what was the attendance for the 4th gig?

Really?they would have no problem filling wembley if that was the case now ? what was the attendance for the 4th gig?

The 4th gig was a sell out. The dates on the 11+12th August sold out pretty quick so the 20th+21st were added.
I guess because it was the final Wembley show and also on a Saturday the 21st sold better and the demand simply wasn't there for the 20th.

The Edge played 7-8 guitar solos a night during ZooTV. Why did they stop doing that? Now he plays maybe 1-2 a night. He should just start throwing solo's into random songs out of nowhere. Beautiful Day, Stay, Angel Of Harlem, COBL, etc. would all benefit from a good solo. Or why not a base solo from Adam? Have like a 2 minute intro to Volcano where Adam goes ape-sh*t for a few minutes. Or in the middle of some acoustic boring song like Stuck, Adam just goes in there and f*cks sh*t up. That'd make those acoustic sets a bit more exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The Edge played 7-8 guitar solos a night during ZooTV. Why did they stop doing that?

Because it took the limelight away from Bono.

I'm not even joking. Look at how Bono on 360 would always shout or hum or snippet over the top of Edge's solos, if Edge got a solo at all.

And leaving conspiracy theories aside, it's likely because The Edge has had less solos on record after AB.

And leaving conspiracy theories aside, it's likely because The Edge has had less solos on record after AB.

I'm talking about songs that are still in the set, where the solo is now either cut or Bono sings over it. Pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom