Tour to kick off in Paris in May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Volcano Tour...

*heads over to Cosmos' "WTF Were they Thinking?" thread*

Please god don't let them have a stage shaped like a volcano...

Given their history with tours, there is a 80% chance it will look cool, 15% chance it will look cheesy(Giant Lemon and olive anyone) and a 5% chance that they will have faux lava on the stage and name the GA "the lava pit" and have Tom Hanks at each show go to the top of the volcano and pretend to jump in only to chicken out!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Given their history with tours, there is a 80% chance it will look cool, 15% chance it will look cheesy(Giant Lemon and olive anyone) and a 5% chance that they will have faux lava on the stage and name the GA "the lava pit" and have Tom Hanks at each show go to the top of the volcano and pretend to jump in only to chicken out!

The Lava Pit :hmm:

It's not that bad if it's the real name.

I agree, I like it. At first I was like hmmmmm but it's pretty cool actually. However, that whole "Volcano stage" is still up in the air....

The Tectonic Plates Tour

:applaud:
AAAAHAHAHA :lol: I can imagine. It will be like "Pompeii" Part-2.

Thank you for the good news Rasta :wave:

If this is true, then we are set for an incredible show.
Let the Volcano erupt! "PUFF!"

volcano_eruption_hg_clr.gif

:lol:

What are the odds of them getting stuck inside the volcano? :doh:

too many! :lol: :tsk: :uhoh:

Well, Bono will if he doesn't lose weight :sexywink:

Bawhahahahah!

Perhaps 4 small volcanos on stage they will each pop out of?

Perhaps like the heart or ellipse, we'll be saying "I hope I get into the Volcano". Bono can say "it's going off in the Volcano". And a rambling 3 minute speech about the recent volcanic activity?

Maybe instead of Aung San Suu Kyi masks, we'll get mini volcano hats to put on during the song.

Will there be a rotation of 3 Volcanos in transit to each venue?

:lmao: :lmao:

thanks folks I need the laffs!

Seems odd that the tour won't begin until 8 months after the album's release, but whatever. I kind of figured it's be the volcano tour, keeping with the elevation and vertigo tour names. If true, I have plenty of time to save money for the US shows. The band also has plenty of time to work on SOE, which might explain the long wait until the tour starts.

I'm hoping SoE is out around the start of the tour. Yeah it's a longer wait but my wallet needs all the help it can get when it comes to a tour fund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

BkMk

:hmm:

i bet a free Origami Triangle hat could be created with a curved cut at the top for the volcano opening.

Delux (u pay) Version would have thick red and orange
coming out the the volcano glued down at the ends so
"The Lava" would moved while person moved dancing or jumping. :D:D

I bet they could find a lot of sixth graders willing to construct the volcano, and they could get science fair credit for it.

Bah, iif this is true I won't be going to see the tour opening then. :crack: Paris '09 was a disaster.

yep, anyone who can't handle an absent queue system, no numbering system, crushes, no toilets by the queues, gates opening randomly at different times, crying die-hards, and having to do the sprint of death the whole length of the footie pitch/arena should best give it a miss :D

seriously, Paris is like one of those really tough extreme survival courses - none of you should bother even ATTEMPTING to buy tickets, really! :lol:

yep, anyone who can't handle an absent queue system, no numbering system, crushes, no toilets by the queues, gates opening randomly at different times, crying die-hards, and having to do the sprint of death the whole length of the footie pitch/arena should best give it a miss :D

seriously, Paris is like one of those really tough extreme survival courses - none of you should bother even ATTEMPTING to buy tickets, really! :lol:

In all fairness though this will be in a 17,000 seater arena that hosts music events every week. They will know how to cope with this type of thing. The standing area will be really small compared to a stadium gig.

The stade de france is a huge stadium that dosent hold that many music events.

Given their history with tours, there is a 80% chance it will look cool,
15% chance it will look cheesy (Giant Lemon and olive anyone) and
a 5% chance that they will have faux lava on the stage and name the
GA "the lava pit" and have Tom Hanks at each show go to the top of the volcano and pretend to jump in only to chicken out!

Hey, I loved that Giant Lemon and Olive on a stick :rockon:
That was the coolest "weirdest" looking rocket ship since the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars.
In fact, they both look almost alike.
Except that the Falcon looks like a crushed lemon.

Bring back the Giant Lemon and the Olive! :yippie:

In all fairness though this will be in a 17,000 seater arena that hosts music events every week. They will know how to cope with this type of thing. The standing area will be really small compared to a stadium gig.

The stade de france is a huge stadium that dosent hold that many music events.

i was mostly joking....

but anyway, the Stade is a major concert venue for big names lol (not to mention all the footie matches, which also involve er queuing ;) )

oh yeah i know Bercy well, it's a gorgeous venue, i love it, and have been to loads of concerts there... but queuing is a nightmare too (only because queuing is pretty much a non-existent concept in France) - it's better than the Stade though as there is only one entrance for standing, although the queue can stretch for what seems like miles...

would definitely be worth it though as it is a wonderful venue :up:

actually, i've only ever queued once at Bercy (and that was for the Jonas Brothers with my daughter before she knew better LOL), but other than that, i've always managed to go running in there late and get a great spot - you can get a brilliant view from anywhere really...

There's also a 99% chance that this news is a load of horse shit.

Back
Top Bottom