Top 15 U2 songs of the 2000's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah ok, my bad, I had the Million Dollar Hotel songs pegged in my memory as hailing from the latter part of 1999. Still inclined to say that their writing and recording probably happened before 2000 proper, and sonically they bear all the hallmarks of the tail end of the nineties.

I totally agree with the last part, TGBHF and Stateless certainly sound different to what was to follow. I remember thinking at the time that this was exactly how I wanted U2 to sound at this stage of their career, like a more assured, mature yet still adventurous version of the band that had recently made Pop and OS1, a whole album like this would have rounded off the 90s perfectly.

yeah well, 2000 was a shock when it came. Even Beautiful Day didn't really tip me off (it's not quite indicative of the album, not entirely).

Really can't do it. Tried making this list and it just runs out of steam around #7.

Not that U2 doesn't have at least 15 decent songs from this period, they do. But somewhere between #7-#10 I really can't differentiate much between them in terms of quality. And you're asking for 15 songs? That's almost half of the 35 songs the band released on their three studio albums during that period. I realise there are more in terms of b-sides soundtrack, etc...but I just don't think there's enough to distinguish the songs once you get past the small group of really outstanding songs released between 2000-2010.

Really can't do it. Tried making this list and it just runs out of steam around #7.

Not that U2 doesn't have at least 15 decent songs from this period, they do. But somewhere between #7-#10 I really can't differentiate much between them in terms of quality. And you're asking for 15 songs? That's almost half of the 35 songs the band released on their three studio albums during that period. I realise there are more in terms of b-sides soundtrack, etc...but I just don't think there's enough to distinguish the songs once you get past the small group of really outstanding songs released between 2000-2010.

So what are your top 7.

I imagine MOS is 1 as you seem to really love that song(it would be in my top 15 too but I wish it wasn't so long).

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I meant for this thread to include 2011-present as well. Sorry, I had worded the thread wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

In no order:

1. The Ground beneath her Feet
2. Kite
3. When I look at the World
4. City of blinding lights (live version only)
5. Yahweh (alternate version)
6. Mercy
7. Levitate
8. Moment of Surrender
9. Fez Being born
10. No Line 2
11. Iris
12. The Troubles
12. Are u gonna wait forever
13. Raised by Wolves
14. The Crystal Ballroom
15. Volcano

hard to be excited about this decade....besides 5-6 great great songs. A lot weaker than 80's and 90's where it's hard to fit 15 songs.

My Top 15 (2000 - 2010)

#1 Beautiful Day
#2 City Of Blinding Lights
#3 Magnificent
#4 Moment Of Surrender
#5 Stuck In A Moment
#6 Walk On
#7 Kite
#8 Electrical Storm
#9 When I Look At The World
#10 Yahweh
#11 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own