To people in the UK...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlonthe2nd

The Fly
The Million Dollar Hotel is on tonight at 1.25 AM on BBC2.

I've never seen it and I know Bono wrote it and U2 did some of the soundtrack so I'll give it a whirl. I've heard people say it's boring but I might as well have a look for myself as I seem to like a lot of 'boring' films.

this film is fucking terrible. just wasted half an hour giving it a chance but it's so bad i came on here just to tell anyone who, like me, thought they'd eventually get round to watching it after 8 years JUST for the U2 connection not to bother.

My brother watching it too, after 10mins he says: "well, ill tell you one thing.... Its boring lol"

Just watched it and yeah, I agree the start makes it hard to want to see the rest of it but it was ok. Although I think mainly it was the soundtrack that kept me interested more than the film.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna forget about the film and just buy the soundtrack.

I've never been able to make it through the entire movie. Haven't even seen the scene where Bono makes an appearance. I'm usually fast asleep within the first 30 minutes.

I watched a couple of years ago, tis a truly bad film full of irritating characters and boring dialogue. The 'appearance' by Bono is non-existant - the camera pans round showing him stood at a bar, he is onscreen for a fraction of a second.

Just watched it and yeah, I agree the start makes it hard to want to see the rest of it but it was ok. Although I think mainly it was the soundtrack that kept me interested more than the film.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna forget about the film and just buy the soundtrack.

yeah that's what I thought, sure there's some good music on there. Pink Floyd's "Obscured By Clouds" is a great album I don't need to watch 'La Vallee' or however it's spelt to appreciate it properly :wink:

I actually own this on VHS....had it since it came out pretty much...bought it from bargain bin at rental store......HAVENT WATCHED IT YET!:lol:

I like it. I love the cinematography and feel of all of the Wenders movies I've seen, this one included. It goes without saying that the soundtrack is amazing and adds a lot to the movie, too.

I kind of liked it as an "artsy" film. It's one of those movies that you have to feel rather than just watch. I thought the overabundance of swearing kind of cheapened it, though; it was also a little long.

I have it on DVD and actually like it. It has that Wenders dream-like quality and some gorgeous images. It's certainly not an "action" film and anyone expecting that will be bored and irritated. It's worth playing the DVD with the commentary by Wenders and Bono - some interesting insights. It also doesn't hurt to turn the subtitles on, LOL, as some of the dialogue is hard to make out.

I own the DVD and I like it, I like it quite a lot, but I agree with you that you have to be into this kind of cinema, I love Wim Wenders work in general and of course his connection with U2 just adds to it, I will always choose The Sky Over Berlin rather than City of Angels, which seems rather cheesy for me, so if you expect the usual romantic drama and that's what you like maybe you won't like this one.

Well I'm a night owl myself and I saw that it was on. I've seen it last year. I had it on for a bit but I had already missed the "blink and you miss him" cameo appearance of Bono. There was nothing on TV that night unless watching constant pop videos or 24 hour repeated news coverage is your kind of thing. I bought the soundtrack before I saw the film. My TV guide said it was an obscure poorly structured film. I haven't seen many of Wim Wender's films but he's supposed to be a highly respected director. I did see this film with Andie MacDowell in that was written by Nicolas Klien and I prefered that film to MDH. Last night I was going to watch Until The End Of The World, a DVD which I picked up ages ago, but then I read the back where it said it was 2 and a half hours long. I'd really like to see Wings Of Desire. They were showing all of Wender's films at an art cinema in Bristol which is only half an hour away by train from where I live but I never went down to see any of the films.

I was babysitting and it was on Starz a couple of months ago...it was so boring :(

Sorry Bono, but it was...try again some other time BB

Back
Top Bottom