This is an INTERVENTION for Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iota

War Child
Post your intervention message to Bono here...since you know...he's such an avid interference reader.

Bono: stop making noises over Edge's solos. It started as a live phenomenon...usually singing "da daaa da daaa" over the solo during a show or something equally irritating. Now you won't even let Edge go off on "Blow Your House Down" with telling us to run as fast as we can. Just let us have our personal time with the Edge in peace! And it's getting ridiculous live. Just go drink some bottled water of something while Edge is soloing PLEASE.

I'll co-sign.

Bono singing over Edge's solo in the STUDIO version of Original of the Species is a crying shame. And Moment of Surrender live is just ridiculous. The studio version is so meditative, but he's got to ruin the negative space.

Larry will be sending you a gift basket when he gets back from the world series of scowling.

Well, I just wish he would STFU about Africa during the shows. :D "Africaaaa! Africaaaaa!" Please give it a rest, Bono.

Well, I just wish he would STFU about Africa during the shows. :D "Africaaaa! Africaaaaa!" Please give it a rest, Bono.
Thanks (not) for reminding me of this. I saw the Vertigo/Chicago DVD only once, and I think I had mentally blocked out this cringe-inducing moment (along with the entire 3-hour sermon prior to "One").

Dear Bono,

I think you're a really good singer, and I'm very thankful for your voice, lyrics, and participation in U2.

Sincerely,
Will.

Oh noes!!1!1! Bono took up 1:27 of my precious fucking day to talk about Africa! The horror..THE HORROR!! You guys sound so petty whining about that crap.

As for him talking during Edges solos, I tend to agree. Go grab a drink/shot/whatever...let Edge do his thing.

I don't think Edge really cares. If he did, Bono wouldn't do it.

:clap: YEah, this is how their marriage lasts. Edge is not the kinda attention-grabbing soloist. Whatever will work for the mood of the show. (whilst people in this thread think it negatively affects the mood, we can't say how the rest of the stadium feels about it)

This in an INTERVENTION for Interference board members: Please STOP fooling yourself about Bono EVER coming to this forum reading your messages.

I think (hope) he has better things to do with his time.

And so do I.

wait, you didn't like him warbling "steeaaaaaaay" repeatedly (off-key) for half the song?

and you call yourself a fan! :tsk:

:sad:

Yeah the off key part threw me off. And the part where, you know, he's forgetting the best part of the song! :crack:

I was so happy they were playing the song live... and then he proceeded to ruin that part every night. :sad:

Why is anyone getting worked up over an obviously tongue-in-cheek thread?

I'm about ready to give them an intervention.

Bono, stop worrying about having a hit song on the radio. Just make whatever music you want to make! The radio is full of garbage; you don't want to fit in with that, do you?

let somebody else save the world for a few and go lock yourself in the studio.

thanks.

This, too. You'd think that all his Africa organizations would be running well enough by now that they don't need him to do all the footwork anymore.

This in an INTERVENTION for Interference board members: Please STOP fooling yourself about Bono EVER coming to this forum reading your messages.

I think (hope) he has better things to do with his time.

And so do I.

Why is anyone getting worked up over an obviously tongue-in-cheek thread?

I'm about ready to give them an intervention.

Love you, Cori.

In all fairness, I'm a total hypocrite, because you'd probably need both hands and both feet to count the number of times I've gotten irrationally worked up over something totally ridiculous on Interference.

Possibly someone else's hands and feet, too. I've been here quite a while. :wink:

Nothing against tongue-in-cheek, but I assume only half of the thread is tongue-in-cheek. Strangely, whenever it comes to Bono, people get serious quite easily. He's an easy target, even among fans, and I guess critisizing and sometimes bashing him has become a legitimate method of anger-management here. I criticize him a lot and some of the stuff posted here is really funny, but not the Africa thing. I can't believe some fans still haven't realised that Bono will NEVER give up the work he's doing for Africa. And I'm glad he isn't, because that's part of who he is and part of what many admire about him. And many hate, too, of course.

Making fun of Bono in a (lovingly) mocking way, on the other hand, is more than appreciated, but I often see threads like this turning nasty, which doesn't happen when it comes to the other band members.

I admit I get bored, too, by coming to this forum and seeing another "Rate the song" thread.

Back
Top Bottom