This can't be right - U2's YouTube Channel has 99 million views

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is amazing. As of yesterday, U2's youtube channel had about 20,000 subscribers and 1 million views. Right now it says that it has 99,184,180 views and 89,152 subscribers.

If that number of views is correct it means MILLIONS of people tuned in to watch the concert. If you assume the average person maybe clicked in and out of the page 10 times, that would mean about 10 million people watched the concert! THAT'S AN INCREDIBLE NUMBER.

It's so incredible that I'm having a hard time believing it right now. :ohmy:

Remember, you didn't need to subscribe to youtube to watch the show. In fact, I don't know anyone that subscribes to youtube. Next, there are people that watch multiple times, or have gone in and out again in which case they get counted again.

Its an interesting number, but its hard to tell how many people actually watched the full show from that because of the other factors.

I'm actually surprised it was that low given the amount of hype surrounding it. It was even a headline story on Sky News here in the UK.

They talked about it on my local news yesterday, so you know it was a big deal! (Normally, you'd think U2 didn't exist around here.)

Remember, you didn't need to subscribe to youtube to watch the show. In fact, I don't know anyone that subscribes to youtube. Next, there are people that watch multiple times, or have gone in and out again in which case they get counted again.

Its an interesting number, but its hard to tell how many people actually watched the full show from that because of the other factors.

even if you don't subscribe it still counts the VIEWS.

Who said this was the first ever internet streamed live concert?

Looks to me like the Rose Bowl concert actually has 425K views as of right now, no? I think we're mixing up total number of views for ALL clips ever uploaded to U2's Youtube channel (there are tons) vs. the total number of views for the Rose Bowl show, no?

Is it June 16th yet... :drool:

Well, that would be 7 million new views from the concert, which is pretty impressive.

221324_hi

Why?

You know what, somebody should stick a giant "Why" poster on the window of every Hot Topic store...

Because of this:
new-moon-tshirt-poster-hot-topic.jpg

Interesting...U2's channel doesn't know the name of "Boots" and can't spell "Unforgettable"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom