Things you made because of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Ireland mostly because of them, and travelled through the Mojave visiting...you know, places...and that was ALL because of them :wink:

They influenced my artwork to an extreme extent back when I actually did art, in high school.

I've done a bunch of silly, random things simply because they had U2 significance. I'm sure I'll think of a buttload later :lol:

Trillions of U2 cartoons. I won't even begin posting samples, and I'm sure a few of you have seen them anyway.

Thank god for U2 just for your cartoons. They crack me up! I still have that "I will trie 2 fixx you" (or whatever) saved on my computer, and break it out when I need a chuckle. Thanks man. :up:

What.The.Fuck.

I must say I stared at that word too for a few moments before I realized what it meant. :doh::wink:

I have a huge DJ gig for New Years. We are decorating a room and the theme is silver and white. I'm a house DJ.....and thus a costume was needed.

The guys in our crew are wearing these pants.

The pants look like this:
disco1.jpg

disco2.jpg

disco5.jpg

So I thought...what can I wear on my head.

Then I though of Adam Clayton and the Popmart tour....

bluepoptart.jpg

So for the past 3 days I've been going to a Mosaic Tile place near where I live....and I've been diligently sticking mirror pieces on a hard hat.

Here's what I made in honor of my homeboy....I think it looks pretty sick.

4204639761_19173512fe_b.jpg

I was actually wondering, in the summer if I can wear this to the U2 show...

#1) You must post photos of the New Year's gig.
#2) As supremely awesome as it is, you musn't wear that hat in the summer. You'll burn people's retinas with the sunlight bouncing off that thing!! :lol:

I spent / donated like over $500 to the African Well Fund trough eBay auctions and turned the four 8 by 10 color glossies that I won, one for each band member, into a huge poster for my bar -- the poster features the AWF and my 3 ticket stubs from the Vertigo Tour in addition to the glossies. Kiinda fun, but a tad expensive (-:

First of all I wouldn't have found this site. Second I wouldn't have gotten into any 80's music if it weren't for ATYCLB and Beautiful Day. I wish i could play the guitar like the edge though. He is one of my heroes.

well, edge is my hero.

it all started in middle school when "Beautiful Day' came out and i got hooked not just to the song but the band ever since.

i started slowly getting turned onto music and realized the importance of music. And finally last year i bought my first electric guitar.

thanks to u2 i've been turned onto Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Coldplay, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Thanks to U2, I've found a way to procrastinate and uselessly eat of many, many hours of my valuable time: Interference.

Oops... sorry... I mean, thanks to U2, I've found a great source of fun discussion and many internet-friends who I wouldn't mind meeting in person some day. :hug:

I've made some new friends ..... :hug:
found so much comfort in some amazing songs....
and U2 influence my art, in terms of what they do, and their music. So much. I mean, see how many U2 lyrics you can spot on my face: :lol:

DSC05354.jpg

DSC05359.jpg

(Im also considering making completely mad paper models of "the" trabbies :shifty:)

#1) You must post photos of the New Year's gig.
#2) As supremely awesome as it is, you musn't wear that hat in the summer. You'll burn people's retinas with the sunlight bouncing off that thing!! :lol:

18333_404613405602_712135602_10403258_6489880_n.jpg

17565_419774780384_829245384_10456166_1433950_n.jpg

My wife and I....
16859_406181070028_825335028_10538220_8171708_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom