These are U2 songs I dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of those shitty songs they previewed on the last tour are among the worst they've done. I mean, we've all heard the Axtung Beibi Outtakes and know how unformed these early stabs at songs always are from these guys...to premiere that sort of material in front of 80,000 people (and have the new tunes be extremely generic sounding) was absolute madness.

Not Every Breaking Wave. That tune had serious potential.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

Not Every Breaking Wave. That tune had serious potential.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

Agreed, I hope we hear some iteration of EBW :up:

i think comparing the new songs debuted on 360 to the stolen achtung demos is a BIT far.

You know I like you and all, but ...

ethdfg_zps82d4e476.gif

And yet "A Man And A Woman" was good enough for him to sing to Bono. :shifty:

COBL.... that's "Adult Contemporary" U2....it just ain't for me really. It's like the boys lost their rhythm or something. It works to open a show....

But I can give you an example. We used to play COBL in our tribute band. The audience reaction compared to other songs...... :crack:

AMAAW.... for me... it's the bass line I love....and the "sleeping in the street again...stray dog" part. I think it's a great track.

....regardless... it worked :sexywink:

(sing the words as you look at the gif)

OH

YOU

LOOK

SO

BEAUT- TI - FUL

TOOOOOOOOOOONIGHT!!!!

Fabulous-kid-vogues.gif

I shouldn't be surprised that some people don't like City of Blinding Lights (I love the song), but I am. Definitely a highlight for me when I saw them live. Can't go wrong with the Teletubbies intro and light show immediately after Zooropa. :drool:

U2 songs I dislike (to the fullest extent): Grace and Peace on Earth. I don't know why, I just never liked those two songs. The only U2 songs that I don't have in my iTunes library, apart from some non-album/unreleased songs. :shrug:

- Flower Child
- Wild Honey (don't skip it, but it doesn't do anything special)
- Crumbs From Your Table (only partly, e.g. the intro)
- North Star
- Boy Falls From The Sky (doesn't do anything great for me, but I wouldn't mind it with a stronger production, e.g. better than the one on Spider-Man)

Songs from the past I don't find particularly engaging, but which I still appreciate:

- Shadows And Tall Trees
- Where Did It All Go Wrong

I'll try to go in order of least liked (I'm leaving out October because I really don't listen to it enough to comment)

1) Passengers (minus Miss Sarajevo and your blue room)
2) Miami (my mammy, really?)
3)Wake up Dead Man (a polarizing topic doesn't make it a good song, musically it's poop)
4) The Wanderer (if Bono or a member of the group isn't singing it, I'm not interested)
5) Cedars of Lebanon (so boring, I almost fell asleep typing the title)
6) Peace on Earth ( see # 3 and then #5 zzzzzzzz)
7) Fez Being Born (experimental does not = good or exciting, contrary to what some around here believe, and this song is neither)
8) Miami (so bad, it needs to be listed 2x)

Mofo gets honorary mention but I enjoy the drum beat and Lemon does too but the bass is kick ass

Babyface

COBL

Walk On

I like Babyface (I think that's rare around here)
I like COBL a lot
but Walk On to me is one of their greatest songs. I honestly think it's their best 2000's song and I would put it down as one of their classics.

I know how much of a die hard fan you are, which I think is great and I bow to you for your supreme "U2ness", so it shocks me you don't like COBL or Walk On.

But I'm all for different tastes.

I like Babyface (I think that's rare around here)
I like COBL a lot
but Walk On to me is one of their greatest songs. I honestly think it's their best 2000's song and I would put it down as one of their classics.

I know how much of a die hard fan you are, which I think is great and I bow to you for your supreme "U2ness", so it shocks me you don't like COBL or Walk On.

But I'm all for different tastes.

Walk On is definitely one of their greatest songs according to public opinion and U2 fans everywhere. The song is definitive in it's meaning. I just find COBL and Walk On very "Adult Contemporary" sounding.

I like my U2 songs very slow (So Cruel, WOWOY, One) or more Rock and Roll (EBTTRT, The Fly, etc).

Hey, if I'm at a U2 show and they play COBL and Walk On... I'll sing with the rest of them It's not like I'm gonna leave my spot for a drink....lol...

I just finished playing a bar on St. Paddy's Day with my U2 Tribute band, Acrobat.

I had someone come up and say, they're not a fan of SBS......perhaps the iconic U2 songs of all time. I was in a bit of shock. Really? SBS?

Everyone has different tastes for sure.

I'll try to go in order of least liked (I'm leaving out October because I really don't listen to it enough to comment)

1) Passengers (minus Miss Sarajevo and your blue room)
2) Miami (my mammy, really?)
3)Wake up Dead Man (a polarizing topic doesn't make it a good song, musically it's poop)
4) The Wanderer (if Bono or a member of the group isn't singing it, I'm not interested)
6) Peace on Earth ( see # 3 and then #5 zzzzzzzz)
7) Fez Being Born (experimental does not = good or exciting, contrary to what some around here believe, and this song is neither)
8) Miami (so bad, it needs to be listed 2x)

Mofo gets honorary mention but I enjoy the drum beat and Lemon does too but the bass is kick ass

the fuck

Wake Up Dead Man is spectacular musically. The playing is inventive and complex, as is the lyric.

Not interested in Johnny Cash singing? What the...?

I don't like:

When Love Comes To Town
Love Rescue Me
Paint It Black
Fortunate Son
If God Will Send His Angels
Walk On (sometimes I love it, mostly I loathe it)
Elevation (sometimes I can tolerate it, mostly I hate it)
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (All Because of You, Vertigo, and Original of the Species deserve special flogging - COBL is OK)
The Saints Are Coming (a great song that they massacred - maybe it's Green Day's fault, but U2 are there and don't make things any better)
Magnificent (sometimes it's ok, but the singing and lyrics usually bug me, and I find it really boring musically)
Crazy Tonight (just a sickening song, and the vocal quirks make it even worse)
Get On Your Boots
Stand Up Comedy (the worst song they've every recorded - terrible lyrics, no melody, boring riff, and a messy construction)
Window In The Skies (the actual worst song they've ever recorded - like having a soiled diaper rubbed all over my face)
Mercy 2010 (should be the worst song they ever released, but unfortunately it's not)

Window In The Skies (the actual worst song they've ever recorded - like having a soiled diaper rubbed all over my face)

I really like Window in the skies but your description is priceless. In fact, I would like to edit my post and insert that description for Miami. Your description of Mercy would be a good fit for Wake Up Dead Man.

It's funny that we both love this band but completely different songs....they really do appeal to a variety of people.

maybe... I mean, Mofo... Lemon, The Wanderer? Really? And ok there is some weirdness on Passengers but you don't like Slug or Always Forever Now or Beach Sequence? For real?

I will go back and listen to slug and Always Forever but I really just lump them in with the giant pile of poop called Passengers.

I do like Johnny Cash but if I want to hear him sing, I'll buy one if his albums. I but a U2 album expecting Bono or if we are really lucky the occasional Edge vocal

I hated the song for five years for that very reason.

I is funny how people can love a band but dislike what they other likes. The diversity of their catalog is what makes them great. They're like Bowie and the Beatles. I guess this is their Heathen - The Next Day phase. Hopefully they'll reach those heights and quit hanging out with Reality.

I agree with these.....

Back
Top Bottom