These are U2 songs I dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously folks back to the main point of this thread........ Why don't I "get" Miami??? I've been there 100's of times like the city but... really?

GOYB live it was a monster. I really want them to keep on playing it.

and MIAMI on record, yeah, it sucks, but live it was amazing. I wish they would've keep playing it in 98 =(

Oh, and a sort of home coming

sue me

wait for it

love it

Really don't get the rabid Boots hate around here. Yeah, it wasn't the best choice for a lead single, and certainly isn't one of U2's best songs by a far sight, but it isn't all that bad. Actually, I don't think it's a bad song at all, just not great. And unlike Ordinary Love, at least it's somewhat interesting.

I think bashing it has just kind of become sport around here, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and if IIRC it went off pretty well live.

I think it's just fresh in our minds. It's easy to forget bad stuff like WLCTT when it's like 25 years old. Boots is right there.

To each his own I guess but WLCTT? really? It isn't great but not bad IMO. Not Bad either.

The point isn't that WLCTT is terrible, it's that I think it's an equal caliber song to Boots. Mediocre.

But I definitely feel more of a necessity to list Boots here because it's still fresh and it comes to mind.

Agreed. It's probably because it was the first single off a hotly anticipated album (which is kind of what makes me hopeful vis a vis Invisible now). Probably wouldn't have gotten as much hate if it was just an album track and they had gone with NLOTH, Magnificent and Breathe as the singles.
Then again, I think WLCTT had more going for it lyrically than Boots, although I really like the Let me in the sound part in the latter.
"Those are some heavy lyrics for a young man"

As corny as U2 can be sometimes, I truly hope and pray that North Star is absolute rock bottom. I can't imagine a song more lame than that coming from this great band. It's astounding how cheesy and awful it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlnjIm-XrFQ

I mean...holy fucking crap. If ever a song deserved a blingee.

Last edited:
As corny as U2 can be sometimes, I truly hope and pray that North Star is absolute rock bottom. I can't imagine a song more lame than that coming from this great band. It's astounding how cheesy and awful it is.

U2 New Song 2012-North Star - YouTube

I mean...holy fucking crap. If ever a song deserved a blingee.

Absolutely, it's fucking terrible isn't it?

Miracle Drug was their previous low point for me, but North Star is way way worse.

Admittedly this studio version isn't that great. However the live performances with just Bono and Edge seemed quite nice at the time. It would be a let down if they include this on their 'NEW' abum because they did flog it around for a while and could have easily released it in 2010 or 2011.

Acrobat - Any fan that says "...if you don't like this song you're not a true fan" is obviously not the TRUE fan. It sucks...and I think they realise this too seeing they haven't attempted it apart from rehearsals. To me it sounds like a drunken Irish ballad. It's the only song that I dislike Bono's voice and Edge's guitar (Larry and Adam sound good though). Maybe I'm crazy but I've just never dug it.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you here. There is not one bad song on "Achtung Baby!"

I must say that this thread is much more successful than I had anticipated. I should start threads more often!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you here. There is not one bad song on "Achtung Baby!"

I may have been literally "dreaming out loud" when I wrote that post. Who am I too say who is and isn't a U2 fan. But when it comes to playing Acrobat live, I would just gladly take something like Electrical Storm or Drowning Man on a nightly basis. I know Electrical Storm was played a couple times...but you get what I'm saying. There are plenty of other songs I would rather hear attempted than Acrobat. Drowning Man and Red Hill Mining Town for starters. As I said I may be crazy but I stand by my convictions. Acrobat just doesn't do it for me.

Acrobat was the song that did it for me, actually. I hadn't listened to the record in probably 15 years and put it on in the car for a drive. The whole thing was great and I was really, really impressed with how strong it still sounded, but that was the one that got me. It's so unusual, and so raw. It's a monster.

All of those shitty songs they previewed on the last tour are among the worst they've done. I mean, we've all heard the Axtung Beibi Outtakes and know how unformed these early stabs at songs always are from these guys...to premiere that sort of material in front of 80,000 people (and have the new tunes be extremely generic sounding) was absolute madness.

Back
Top Bottom