The SAD at People trashing HTDAAB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I'd rather have a song that's played on 4 chords but a really stonking tune, melody and a catchy hook than just a load of noizy guitars doing complex stuff that scores a fat zero in terms of melody. Why does everything have to be so intellectualized? Can't people just enjoy a song? As long as its got my foot taping and the singing is good (one element in music that has become more important for me over the years even more so than lyrics) I 'm a happy bunny. I agree with what JoRu just said. COBL and SYCMIOYO both take 4th and 5th place respectively on my favourite u2 songs ever after WOOWY, One and WTSHNN. I tried to listen again today but I can't hear any melodies. The title track appears to have a similar riff to the Fly and I swear I can hear elements of IGWSHA and NASOTR somewhere in some of the songs. I find this album really heavy going. I can't hear any signs of musicianship or anything complex just oodles of studio technology sound effect. And the 3 songs that I mentioned in a previous post are now losing their appeal. I listened to Fez whilst I was cleaning out my hamster cages and I said to little Malcolm that songs had to be one of the most boring I've ever heard in my whole life. My running order of favourite U2 albums:
1/Actung Baby 10/10
2/HTDAAB 9/10
3/Pop 8/10
4/ Unforgettable Fire 8/10
5/Joshua Tree 7/10
6. Zooropa 7/10
7/ October 7/10
8/ Boy 6/10
9/ ATYCLB 4/10
10/ Rattle and Hum 3/10
11/ War 2/10
12/ NLOTH 1/10