The Red Hill Mining Town Video - Tribute Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this video and really love the song, it's a borderline top 10 U2 track for me. Clearly it has it's faults but they've made worse videos.

I had so much trouble posting that link in the first place. Dammit!

Edit: ugh! And there's a typo, too :sad:

Oh please do tell which you think is worse?

Yeah, please do...:huh:

I played this song to my wife when I first met her, and she loved the song. Then I showed her the video, and she erased the song from her iTunes playlist...:lol:

That video is bad...all the way through...from the band's look, to Larry playing a wrench on a pipe, to Bono's over dramatic miming...:doh:

Still one of my fave songs, and the video is a guilty pleasure...:)

At least they had the sense not to actually release this video and at least it has some charm, the US version of Stuck is a far greater abomination, I can't find a single good thing to say about it.

I love this video and really love the song, it's a borderline top 10 U2 track for me. Clearly it has it's faults but they've made worse videos.

Whilst I did say I love it, I do know that it's shit, but it is hilarious and quite sweet in an odd way.

pretty fucked that Larry would rate this video, in which he is banging a bit of steel against an inanimate object that clearly needs no hammering for nearly six minutes, higher than the Discotheque.

pretty fucked that Larry would rate this video, in which he is banging a bit of steel against an inanimate object that clearly needs no hammering for nearly six minutes, higher than the Discotheque.

Dude are you aware that most of your posts contain the word "fuck"? A lack of imagination IMO :sexywink:

Your nic here is "RaisedbyWolves", your location is "Cedarwood Road" and you just used "Dude" in a sentence, and you're accusing someone else of having a lack of imagination? ;)

This comment is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and is only your subjective thinking.

You have to wonder how many canaries were harmed in the making of this video for nothing more than Bono's ego..... for shame. :|:|

Can´t believe it´s one of those songs U2 never played live. Too difficult vocal for Bono to perform live. Great song.

Can someone remind me why this is so? RHMT is one of my favorite songs, and I can't see why they couldn't re-configure the song to make it singable.

Back
Top Bottom