The REAAAAAAL Sing With Me Game - Interferers back at it again! Collaborate HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Album version.

Gabe edited my original backing track to match the album version, so we're using that.
He also made a version with his vocals on so we could use it as a guide.

So far everything is sounding great :)

I don't think I can handle 18 :uhoh: My voice doesn't do the things that Bono's does.

But are 12 and 15 both still open? :scratch:

I could do either of those, I can't decide which one I like more. 12 has more bitterness, but 15 is higher and better to sing.

Maybe I'll try both... and 18 too, and see what sounds best :shrug:

Can I take #12?

"Closer to you every day
I didn't want it that much anyway gone12.wav"

Record whatever you think will fit in, and I'll see what everything sounds like. It might sound good with different voices.

Also I think I can hear some choir parts faintly in with the ''...Emotional Goodbye...'' part :hmm:

Last edited:
waynetravis said:
Record whatever you think will fit in, and I'll see what everything sounds like. It might sound good with different voices.

Also I think I can hear some choir parts faintly in with the ''...Emotional Goodbye...'' part :hmm:

yep the multi voice approach would probably work well for the 'gone's and the 'down's :up:

is there anything left or is it all covered?

Okay, so I downloaded Gabe's guide and recorded line 2. Then I went to record line 15... and it didn't sound right. He wasn't singing it like Bono does and it was freaking me out, man. Basically it hurt my head to try to sing to that, and since this is supposed to be album key, I sang to the album version instead. Hopefully it works, but if not, maybe someone else can sing 15. I don't wanna fuck with it again.

Also, then since I sang 15 to the album version, I went back and rerecorded 2 to it as well. I like my album version recording of 2 better, but if it doesn't work, use the one I recorded to Gabe's guide.

gone2 album version:

http://download.you send it.com/33D394934D32EEA7

gone2 guide version:

http://download.you send it.com/C0A027404C9A08B5

gone15 album version:

http://download.you send it.com/EC916C5B75A65687

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Okay, so I downloaded Gabe's guide and recorded line 2. Then I went to record line 15... and it didn't sound right. He wasn't singing it like Bono does and it was freaking me out, man. Basically it hurt my head to try to sing to that

:lol: whoa maybe I should have listened to the album version and/or let you know that I haven't listened to album Gone in MANY years. Even the other day when fixing the track to album key, I only listened to the first few bars to find the key. So you're probably hearing a bit of live Bono slipping in there which is pretty different (check out 'suit of lights' live by way of example). Or tired Gabe who recorded it before eating much for the day :lol:. At any rate, y'all were never supposed to be singing it anything like me, my vocals were just for timing, and nothing else. Theres a few cracks and squawks in there too, I'm thinkig that ya don't want to copy those either :shrug:

Either way, sorry if I caused you any headache there, the guide was never meant to be a 'this is HOW to sing it', more of a 'this is WHERE to sing it' type guide :wink:

ETA: just listened...yep, Bono changes the note on "to love", which I didn't do. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:
At the end of popmart Mexico...he does his gone gone gone thing...and then breathes heavy 2 times...and then says something, but I can't figure out what he says at the end. :) Is it in Spanish?

I'll get mine in again later today. Let me wake up first. :D

DreamOutLoud13 said:
He wasn't singing it like Bono does and it was freaking me out, man.

:lol: !!!

Sorry Gabe, absolutely no offense to you and dont mean to laugh but I actually felt the same way which is why I ended up singing it to the album version. I'm not an experienced enough singer to sing U2 songs to anyone other than Bono :reject:

Sicy said:

:lol: !!!

Sorry Gabe, absolutely no offense to you and dont mean to laugh but I actually felt the same way which is why I ended up singing it to the album version. I'm not an experienced enough singer to sing U2 songs to anyone other than Bono :reject:

Well fine, next time I'll just TALK the words then! :mad:

:wink: just kiddin...don't worry about it, I'm not offended....remember I originally didn't even want many people to hear it, wasn't overly proud of it. There is probably some psychological basis for how we sing and if we hear something sung a certain way we would be likely to inadvertently mimic it, no matter how hard we try! Throw that in with what your brain remembers as being the right - Bono - way of doing it, and its a recipie for confusion!! :yes: :lol:

It's all good, was just tryin to help the timing thing ;)

Back
Top Bottom