The Positive U2 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 was the best band in the world in the 80s.
U2 has the best shot to become the next Rolling Stones.
U2 knows how to fill out an application.
U2 had the best Batman soundtrack song.

just out of curiosity....who would you put ahead of U2 in the 90's and 00's?

That question is easy. Radiohead. Who cares if they don't sell as many records or win as many Grammys. OK Computer is THE rock album of the 90's. (The Bends was a warmup, but excellent nonetheless). And in the 2000's, they did it again with In Rainbows. (Kid A--let's face it--is rock music for another century in the distant future altogether.) U2 only wish they could come close to the songwriting perfection on In Rainbows.

OK Computer is THE rock album of the 90's.

True fact. It kicks Achtung Baby's ass. I would only rate Abbey Road over it as far as rock albums go in general.

However, let's not carried away here. Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief are all well below the average U2 record, with only the four you named being truly remarkable records. The others could use a lot of work.

That question is easy. Radiohead. Who cares if they don't sell as many records or win as many Grammys. OK Computer is THE rock album of the 90's. (The Bends was a warmup, but excellent nonetheless). And in the 2000's, they did it again with In Rainbows. (Kid A--let's face it--is rock music for another century in the distant future altogether.) U2 only wish they could come close to the songwriting perfection on In Rainbows.

I love Radiohead, but this is simply laughable. In Rainbows is a great atmospheric album with some truly beautiful songs, but it isn't exactly great because of the lyrics. I haven't listend to Radiohead in a while now simply because I got so tired of Thom's whining voice.

I love Radiohead, but this is simply laughable. In Rainbows is a great atmospheric album with some truly beautiful songs, but it isn't exactly great because of the lyrics. I haven't listend to Radiohead in a while now simply because I got so tired of Thom's whining voice.

I was actually about to give up on Radiohead until In Rainbows came out. They hadn't released a record I'd truly liked since Kid A, but man, IR is one of the best pop albums of the decade. :drool: And yes, as far as Radiohead goes, that album is pop.

Coldplay.

rating_5.gif

well, Screw...I don't know any comment more positive...U2 are the best band in the world...and it is my personal opinion that they are the greatest rock n roll band in history :shrug:

- they are the best live act in the world, and have been for a long ass time
- they have the best voice in rock n roll, who is also without question one of the greatest frontmen to ever step foot on a stage
- they have one of the most incredible musicians in the world in the Edge
- they have been together for 30+ years, the same four members for the entire ride...and they have a chemistry like no other
- they are ridiculously famous, and when they're gone, their legend will only grow more and more

:shrug:

:up: Well... nothing more to say ...:applaud:

U2isthebest

They have the best hair. Bono had really fucking awful hair on the last tour. Does he have a wife or girlfriend? She should have told him to cut it, it made him look like the goddam crypt-keeper. The Edge is bald, he's the one that plays the drums. I'm Only Sleeping is one of my favorite songs. The Joshua Tree is their best album.

U2 is so-ooo earnest. I appreciate their earnesty.

Earnest saved Christmas.

Kite Sydney: Edge's solo....one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard.

Okay to be serious for a second... Reasons U2 are awesome:

- 2 masterpieces AB & JT as opposed to only one for most bands
- One of the great live bands along with Pink Floyd
- They stayed together for 30 years without splitting up the band
- Variety of genres covered rivalled only be The Beatles or Bowie

But you all knew this stuff already... it's a U2 fan forum for fuck sake! So here's something different...

- They have the most sarcastic mofos as fans! :drool:

I see the good in everything about U2 actually, so much that I'm actually afraid of them.

90s? Off the top of my head, Pearl Jam or Smashing Pumpkins. Take your pick.
00s? The decade isn't over yet so it's not fair to say.

Back
Top Bottom