The NY story...legit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely a cool fan story. Doesn't really add anything in regards to what we already know about the new album but oh well. Awesome experience for that fan. :)

" I have to admit that I didn’t realize this is one of the most famous studios in music history, something I only realized when I got there and saw the cover of Random Access Memories’ Daft Punk framed on the wall."

I stopped reading after that. This person is an idiot who lives under a rock.

Or it just goes to show that having money to see the world doesn't change the fact that you can still be entirely ignorant when it comes to music (I assume the travel section is all the places this person has been? I wasn't interested enough to go back to the site. As it is, the current thread button on this app gets me in enough trouble).

I think you're nit-picking but were all guilty of it. The person is clearly currently very enamoured with Daft Punk and since they saw their current fave album on the wall, they woke up to the fact that they were probably in a special studio. Silly, yes, but thats it.

All this other stuff about how rich dumb or uneducated musically the person is seems like a heck of alot of supposition and doesn't really change the fact that they were there or change what they were told.

I mean, at least they were there rubbing shoulders with the band in a work setting - I sure as hell wasnt! I'm envious! Lol

" I have to admit that I didn’t realize this is one of the most famous studios in music history, something I only realized when I got there and saw the cover of Random Access Memories’ Daft Punk framed on the wall."

I stopped reading after that. This person is an idiot who lives under a rock.

This was completely unnecessary. I thought it was great of the guy to share the story, and it sounded pretty reasonable to me. He was specific, and added to (or at least added confirmation to) what we know. What's your problem with that?

This guy sounds like he has a cool job, gets to work in NY and travels a lot. He got to see U2 filming a video, in his office, and got to party with them. He got a hug from Bono and got to hang out with The Edge. He got a great picture out of it he'll have forever. And you're here on Interference typing bored on your computer Sunday morning whining about how he doesn't know enough about the history of Electric Lady for your tastes. Of course, you don't know all that because you supposedly didn't bother to read the whole article. So since you don't like to read, I'll give you the short version...guess what...you know more about the studio's history than he does, and he's the one who hung out with U2. Now who's the idiot.

Crikey. Calling this guy an "idiot" says more about you than him.

This was completely unnecessary. I thought it was great of the guy to share the story, and it sounded pretty reasonable to me. He was specific, and added to (or at least added confirmation to) what we know. What's your problem with that?

This guy sounds like he has a cool job, gets to work in NY and travels a lot. He got to see U2 filming a video, in his office, and got to party with them. He got a hug from Bono and got to hang out with The Edge. He got a great picture out of it he'll have forever. And you're here on Interference typing bored on your computer Sunday morning whining about how he doesn't know enough about the history of Electric Lady for your tastes. Of course, you don't know all that because you supposedly didn't bother to read the whole article. So since you don't like to read, I'll give you the short version...guess what...you know more about the studio's history than he does, and he's the one who hung out with U2. Now who's the idiot.

Crikey. Calling this guy an "idiot" says more about you than him.

:applaud:

Thank you for this. I never heard of this studio or even Daft Punk, so I guess I'm as big of an idiot as the author of the article. But I have also met The Edge, so there ya go. :)

My world is limited in music. As I age, sadly, that limitation grows. I think that's just the way the world is - we are hip to music as a teen/young adult, but priorities change. That's one reason I am happy U2 keeps making albums. Whenever they release something new, it awakens me and I discover not only new U2 but a whole slew of other artists. Some I adore, some I don't, but at least I get to hear them.

Even though I've been buying albums since the 1970's, I hardly know a fraction of the famous sites or places or people. But then, do I need to? An analogy: I work at a pharmaceutical company. This tiny company has put more products on the market, with FDA approval, in the San Francisco Bay area than any other, including the huge Genentech. Has anyone heard of us? Only those who need to. Someone who needs our help will certainly do their homework and find us. But to the average consumer (patient) who may use one of the products we developed or helped develop, he/she just wants to see results.

Likewise, if I needed to look up information about studios, I would. But to me, it's the music that matters - not the studio. The studio won't make me appreciate music more. If the studio inspires, fantastic. But as we well know with U2's experience making AB, that's not always the case. Hence, this comment by the poster was wildly smug and condescending.

Back
Top Bottom