The NME must really hate U2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rolling Stone (which at one time I could at least respect in certain ways) is now an unreadable corporate whore.

Hold on. Matt Taibbi's articles on Wall Street and US domestic finance policy are required reading as far as I'm concerned. The furthest thing from the screeds of a corporate whore.

The ZOO TV era saw them them gain back some ground with "the cool kids" but that quickly ebbed away. Even Passengers wasn't respected though when Radiohead did something similar later they creamed themselves over it.

that's probably because Passengers was pretty much released under the radar... i never knew it existed until about 10 years ago or so - it was totally off my radar anyway lol

I like Mojo and Uncut's review sections, too. (My only beef with Uncut is the editor, whom I can't stand, and their all-male/all-old-men editorial board.) Those are good magazines. The NME is a rag, and Rolling Stone (which at one time I could at least respect in certain ways) is now an unreadable corporate whore.

I'll read bits acnd pieces of Mojo, Uncut, Qat the book store and have at times (not remembering from which) bought their specials on U2, & The Who. Also peruse Under The Radar, Relix?. Haven't read an NME, haven't seen one either in years.

But let's not totally slag RS! To me it got boring or less relevant musically back in he original CBGB's days.... but i've liked what they've had to say here & there musically. Ah as cori says being a U2 fan I don't mind RS gushing on U2. I know my own occasional complaints about the band, but wouldn't trade them! They're still extroidinary!

And RS does some great political reporting through the years! Got the last issue with Romney/Bain Capital issue (Mike Taibbi). haven't read that yet but will. I need some longer downtime to carefullly read it as i want to learn more so i can discuss it better.

There was a blog on nme.com recently saying that The Joshua Tree was the best or one of the best albums of all time. Or maybe it wasn't recently but I read it recently. Or something. Damn this leaky memory!

There was a blog on nme.com recently saying that The Joshua Tree was the best or one of the best albums of all time. Or maybe it wasn't recently but I read it recently. Or something. Damn this leaky memory!
Damn. Now I have to hate that album.

I hate it when old white men publish their music opinions in magazines thirty years past their prime and then expect people to spend ten bucks just to read them, even though this is an age in which one cannot make a move without encountering a dozen good music sites.

Back
Top Bottom