The most interesting U2 song musically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really. The word musically generally means musician wise. Or however you want to call it. It's not about how it's processed, or how it SOUNDS. It's about how it's created, what it exists of. The notes, chords, the complexity of it all.
It has NOTHING to do with personal perception.QUOTE]

that's precisely what I meant :) Thanks Galeongirl for this clarification

Next thing you know people are going to be saying that Bob Dylan's strophic form is interesting...

I thought that there were more musicians that posted here until I saw this thread.

...yes, and you are right! There are people ( like me :wink: for example ) who is not into music, chords, tunes, high C´s and so on ...I just enjoy the beauty and the quality of U2 songs... I´ve mentioned Bad but I know this song is not perfect musically... maybe just to be a little "controversial" :D... (just would like to mention Paulrg post when he said: "Bad is so musically simplistic but devastatingly effective"..)
I´m learning a lot in here about music, though.

GaleonGirl you´re right..:sexywink:

Seriously talking now - New Year´s Day and Until the End.. :up:

Not really. The word musically generally means musician wise. Or however you want to call it. It's not about how it's processed, or how it SOUNDS. It's about how it's created, what it exists of. The notes, chords, the complexity of it all.
It has NOTHING to do with personal perception.

that's precisely what I meant :) Thanks Galeongirl for this clarification

You're welcome. Glad that I didn't understand it the wrong way then.

Lemon is indeed unique :hmm: Love is Blindness seems like an interesting song too, since it starts so softy slowly and grows stronger as the song advances. I've never tried to play it but I think that it requires some nice fingerwork.

There are people ( like me :wink: for example ) who is not into music, chords, tunes, high C´s and so on ...I just enjoy the beauty and the quality of U2 songs... I´ve mentioned Bad but I know this song is not perfect musically... maybe just to be a little "controversial" :D... (just would like to mention Paulrg post when he said: "Bad is so musically simplistic but devastatingly effective"..)

Maybe you just shouldn't reply to the bloody thread if you aren't actually capable of responding to the topic of discussion. If you can't say what songs would be interesting to a musician in terms of song structure and composition, it's time to move on to another thread, one where you can prattle to your heart's content about what songs you think sound most interesting to the untrained listener rather than to a musician or a musically-knowledgeable listener.

Also, your fake signatures are ridiculous. Just so you know.

As for the actual topic of discussion, Zooropa is definitely a strong contender for most musically interesting in my opinion.

I Still Haven´t Found What I´m Looking For(album version) gets my vote. Again, Larry´s drumming is awesome, awkward and so totally different to the simplicity of the classical chord pattern in the song - it almost sounds like it´s the drumming from another song pasted into this one. And Adam´s bass of course has a special groove here, but what interests me is the end of the song, where the chord pattern should make him change the D to a G (or whatever the key they play it in), but he keeps on without changing, which creates a tension between the bass and the guitars. Exciting! And the guitars, the guitars... From the strange drum/guitar intro (have you ever heard a song start like that?) to the layers and layers of suonds, or should we say colours?
The song is so simple you can play it at a camp fire - and yet the album version is so complex not even U2 has managed to make it an interesting song live.
Now, that is what I call interesting!:applaud:

Best suggestion, so far!:wave:

BTW, some of you should try not to kill the thread by insulting other U2-fans. It´s only rock´n roll...

I'm not trying to kill the thread by insulting others. I'm trying to explain something and it gets very frustrating when someone blatantly ignores or disagrees with what I try to say and then later on ADMITS practically that I'm right.

This reminds me of a certain Atlanta thread.... smells like a goner!

What bugs me is that people don't seem to UNDERSTAND the question. It's not, "which song is beautiful" or "which song is pleasing to the ear".

Here's an example: The Song "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys...I HATE HATE HATE that song, I think the lyrics are stupid and the music is irritation, but musically that song is brilliant. It's got several different instruments going on at once, there are several different forms present, High, low, and medium voices. You've got the theremin which, at the time was a novelty instrument, there are changes in tempo, beat, timbre, texture - which is polyphonic, meaning, like I said, there are several different "voices" (instruments, vocals, what have you) present at anyone time. I could go on. Compare that to With Or Without You...the most interesting thing going on in WOWY is the infinite guitar, and even that's not ALL that interesting. But WOWY is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, it's aurally pleasing.

Am I making ANY sense?

BTW, some of you should try not to kill the thread by insulting other U2-fans. It´s only rock´n roll...

Here's a better idea: maybe some people should try to actually keep the thread alive for its intended purpose by replying to its actual topic.

Or shall I just stroll into a thread about Pride's lyrics and provide a guitar tablature for it? It's only rock and roll, according to you, so irrelevant replies are fine!

Bad Tab by U2, ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 300,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs!

E|--------------------12-12--------------------12-12-|
B|---------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------------------|
D|--12-12-12-12--11----------12-12-12-12--11---------|
A|--0---0--0--0---0----------0---0--0--0---0---------|
E|---------------------------------------------------|

E|--------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------10-10------------10---10-------------|
G|--9-9-9-9-7---------9-9-9-9-7----7----7-----------|
D|--0-0-0-0-0---------0-0-0-0-0---------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------|

:| Yea, that's WILDLY interesting.

Maybe you just shouldn't reply to the bloody thread if you aren't actually capable of responding to the topic of discussion. If you can't say what songs would be interesting to a musician in terms of song structure and composition, it's time to move on to another thread, one where you can prattle to your heart's content about what songs you think sound most interesting to the untrained listener rather than to a musician or a musically-knowledgeable listener.

Also, your fake signatures are ridiculous. Just so you know.

As for the actual topic of discussion, Zooropa is definitely a strong contender for most musically interesting in my opinion.

Thanks for telling me where is my place in this community..I´ll try to take things more seriously since I´m among experts in music and I´m just a hardcore fan...

The quotes of some U2 songs I´ve used at the end of my reply are not intended to be my signature... just simple quotes or lines of a song I like to mention in the end of my replies just cause they say something for me in that moment... Many people here put some "strange" things, what´s the problem of having some versus highlighted in my posts?? :huh: Aren´t we in a U2 community ?

..Hmm...I did not know they´ve been disturbing "some" people here...:hmm: WOW!!

(Is this a problem of "level of tolerance?":| )

_______
:silent:

I think ATB that the thing that's bothersome is...if you have nothing to contribute to the topic...why post? You aren't obligated to post in every thread

:shrug:

By living near Chicago, I'm forced to be around Bears fans...does that mean I root for the Bears?

NEVER.

By living near Chicago, I'm forced to be around Bears fans...does that mean I root for the Bears?

Of course not. WE all now the truth. Which is ....

THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

(Sorry, I just spent a weekend with Packer fan relatives. It's a never-ending refrain.)

how can someone not like good vibrations?! you're not american, ashley. sorry. please move to france asap.

btw, my picks would be zooropa and lemon. aww yeah.

Im pickin up good vibrations
Shes giving me excitations
Im pickin up good vibrations
(oom bop bop good vibrations)
(oom bop bop excitations)
Good good good good vibrations
(oom bop bop)
(oom bop bop excitations)

:huh:

:p

If only the verses existed I'd like the song. This is fact.

Of course not. WE all now the truth. Which is ....

THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

(Sorry, I just spent a weekend with Packer fan relatives. It's a never-ending refrain.)

My dad and sister went to Milwaukee and brought me back a shirt that says "My Two favorite teams are the Packers and whoever's playing the Bears" :love:

If only it weren't so wordy though...I feel kind of pretentious wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom