The last U2 song you listened to... ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Really just don't know where else to put this, so I'm making a thread.

I've recently been listening to the band's MDH material, and I kinda forgot how absolutely alluring some of those songs are (Ground Beneath Her Feet is sorta the impetus for this thread, but Never Let Me Go and Stateless are both in the same ballpark of terrificness).

What about the rest of you Interference forum dwellers?

Yeah I agree with all you said. For me, although I like a lot of what came after the MDH I think it's a shame it wasn't a musical direction they continued to travel down.

To answer your question though the last song I listened to was Oh Berlin. I have a nice little run of outtakes on my MP3 playlist that has Disappearing Act, Winter, Soon, Night and Day and ending in Oh Berlin.

I have fond memories of listening to the Achtung Baby "remaster" (and reading the heated arguing over whether the album was actually remastered lol (I miss that Nick fella)). That release also gave us quite possibly my favorite U2 b-side, Heaven and Hell--such a remarkably underrated song! That promotional cover album wasn't too shabby either, sans Snow Patrol's merciless butchering of Mysterious Ways o_0

But yeah, speaking of stupidly underrated U2 b-sides, I just listened to I'm Not Your Baby for the first time in ages. Marvelous tune

Last edited:
Song For Someone was the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding (*her* choice, btw--don't judge us... I was honestly gunning for Never Had a Single Original Thought by Nerina Pallot).

But regardless of my obvious bias, I never thought it was a bad tune--kinda overly bashed on this forum, imo (as well as Stuck In a Moment... for that matter; not sure I'll ever understand the relatively poor reception of that one. Same goes for The Showman. wth, people. it's like I'm the only poster here w/ any taste... :p)

Was driving towards our family trip to Virginia Beach, and Ordinary Love came up on my iPhones shuffle. It’s my wife’s favorite recent U2 song, and it was the first song my son ever liked period when he was 2, so it was a big hit in our family!!

Shortly after we drove by the old Hampton Coliseum, where U2 played in 85, 87 and 92, so my inner fan geek got briefly excited! Of course I kept that one to myself.

Window in the Skies.
Haven't been listening to much U2 lately, but it's always good to hear a song (or two) every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom