The Killers covers "With Or Without You"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoocarolina said:
EHHHHHHH, nice tribute, but I couldn't tell what bloody song it even was until Brandon started singing and he was choppy, lacked passion, etc etc, this song is supposed to be intense, I mean like R&H movie intense, gosh!! :lol:

You thought it lacked passion? I thought that Brandon sang it brilliantly, and very passionately.

But it's a snippet. And it should be judged as such.

Except the start is terrible. Once it gets going its terrific.

Jack White's cover of Love is Blindness was the best thing on the album. And I have to reluctantly give credit to The Fray, who I also thought did a good job with Tryin to Throw.

Snow Patrol and Mysterious Ways however :lmao:

Whoa, don´t want to even think about Jack White cover... He raped this song. The intensity should be hidden under the surface like U2 did on Achtung Baby. He kinda did the same butcher´s job like Mary J. Blige did with One with U2 assistance...

You thought it lacked passion? I thought that Brandon sang it brilliantly, and very passionately.

But it's a snippet. And it should be judged as such.

He sang it like musical singer, nothing more, nothing less. A little bit gayish.

Whoa, don´t want to even think about Jack White cover... He raped this song. The intensity should be hidden under the surface like U2 did on Achtung Baby. He kinda did the same butcher´s job like Mary J. Blige did with One with U2 assistance...

Another one of those "cover should sound just like U2 did on Achtung Baby" criticisms. And the comparison with Mary J. Blige is downright ridiculous.

Another one of those "cover should sound just like U2 did on Achtung Baby" criticisms.

And if the covers were in that vein, then wouldn't the argument become "they shouldn't make it sound exactly like the original version" as a result?

He sang it like musical singer, nothing more, nothing less. A little bit gayish.

Wow, you're a charmer :|

"Musical singer" is one of the more confusing phrases I've seen. I know what he's getting at, but still.

Yes, exactly. The Spiderman guy is a good example. He is good looking, has good singing ability. But when Bono comes in in this song, something happens. That´s when the magic appears. That guy is plain, boring, doesn´t work, sorry.

As far as concerns Jack White cover, I can´t stand it. Because you know, he gave it his own approach, but he was pushing too hard, it was like a torture of this bitter, sad song

It's ok, Brandon was better on IALW on Vertigo tour.

White's vocals are annoying. And it's nice when a guitar player actually plays the guitar solo of the song he's covering.

He plays a guitar solo in the track. Short but sweet. Him just repeating Edge's guitar solo would be almost sacrilegious and quite boring.

Yes, exactly. The Spiderman guy is a good example. He is good looking, has good singing ability. But when Bono comes in in this song, something happens. That´s when the magic appears. That guy is plain, boring, doesn´t work, sorry.

As far as concerns Jack White cover, I can´t stand it. Because you know, he gave it his own approach, but he was pushing too hard, it was like a torture of this bitter, sad song

It's ok, Brandon was better on IALW on Vertigo tour.

White's vocals are annoying. And it's nice when a guitar player actually plays the guitar solo of the song he's covering.

Disagree. I felt Jack transferred the angst of the original guitar solo into the vocals. And it was brilliant. For me it was the best cover on that album.

It would have been overkill to also have a super angsty guitar solo.

The thing is, you've got to give your baking pans a good scrub and an even better rinse, especially the dark shallow one, the one you make your biscuits on. Of course you use the shallow pan for baking fish filets on Tuzedee night. But if you don't give it a right proper scrub on Thursday when you make your biscuits, then why, you end up with Fish Biscuits on Friday, and no one wants that.

The thing is, you've got to give your baking pans a good scrub and an even better rinse, especially the dark shallow one, the one you make your biscuits on. Of course you use the shallow pan for baking fish filets on Tuzedee night. But if you don't give it a right proper scrub on Thursday when you make your biscuits, then why, you end up with Fish Biscuits on Friday, and no one wants that.

Wut?

Back
Top Bottom