The Joshua Tree Tour 2019 - Show & Setlist Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry auditioning for an Ex-Lax commercial.

And what a touching tribute to the everlasting legacy of Lovetown, getting Angel of Harlem in there.

that's a hell of a picture. edge looks like he's doing some kind of weird shoegaze shuffle, bono looks like he's pulling his pants down to sit on the crapper, and adam and larry appear to be searching for someone's contact lens. :huh:

Pretty much nailed it.

First show ever in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Love is Bigger was on the setlist, but skipped. U2gigs is uploading videos.

[TWEET]1200819655356469250[/TWEET]

Last edited:
"We have a treat for you tonight, Singapore. By the time we were able to take the original Joshua Tree tour to this part of the world, we had already released another album, Rattle and Hum. So we named that leg Lovetown, to acknowledge some of the new songs we were playing in the set. And now, we're going to take a trip back to that town."

(plays 5 songs from R&H including Hawkmoon)

While we’re waiting for that announcement, they were able to squeeze the stage in the Saitama Super Arena.

[TWEET]1202157492450381825[/TWEET]

Oh hey now! Didn’t see that coming.
A shame that they decided to bring it out with 3 shows left.

I was starting to think I wouldn't miss any song played this tour, apart from Ahimsa in Mumbai probably. Only three shows to go after this one.

Does anyone know which forum/Twitter account I need to be following to keep up with the fan run queues? Wouldn't want to show up early on the day in Mumbai only to later find out there's a few hundred people with numbers ahead of me.

Not sure what the predominant social media platforms in India are, but I’d try searching Facebook for groups/events.

Facebook/Twitter. My experience in Singapore was the majority of the local fans had no clue this system even existed so you mainly got Europeans/Americans up along the rail.

Does anyone know which forum/Twitter account I need to be following to keep up with the fan run queues? Wouldn't want to show up early on the day in Mumbai only to later find out there's a few hundred people with numbers ahead of me.
Further evidence that fan run queues are horse shit and inherently unfair.

First-ever show in South Korea finished in the last half hour, earliest start of the tour (before 7:30 PM). Bad was on the setlist, but dropped.

2 more to go.

Setlist have certainly been a step up from the 2017 ones. Makes those look small by comparison. I guess it's to compensate for this part of the world missing I+E and E+I

Yeah, the setlists this time around have been slightly better than the 2017 shows. Oh well...

Manila show started late due to traffic. Show’s ongoing but they got Gloria.

2017 had brief appearances from ASOH / Little Things, but 2019 have a better setlist and a much better energy.

Setlist have certainly been a step up from the 2017 ones. Makes those look small by comparison. I guess it's to compensate for this part of the world missing I+E and E+I

I also wonder if there's a bit of "we won't be doing this for a while, so let's really go for it" about it. I'm guessing these shows are the last we see of them until 2022 or so.

I haven't been here in a looong while.

And i have to say, I'm excited for the India show. History in the making as they say.

I had no interest in going. Just came back from my own tour, seeing Auckland 1-2, Melbourne, Sydney 1-2 and Tokyo 1-2
But i have a few friends going and really happy about them, specially since some are of indian descent.

I hope they play Ahimsa, even if it's just a Ok song, but if the band has gone out of their way to make sure they're really excited about that show, I'm sure it's gomna be great.

I wish i could've met Axver in Australia, but maybe some other time :) (I HAVE to comeback to Bondi beach :drool: )

:wave:

PS: Interference keeps on having the BEST smilies on the internet :love:

Just a few hours to go until the last U2 show of the decade and the 2nd last show of The Joshua Tree Tour(s). Could also be the last show for a while, so let’s enjoy all the coverage we can get.

[TWEET]1206035933889470464[/TWEET]

Classic U2 would be to rehearse it like five times, then not play it.

And then open with it every night on the 2020 a+e+i US arena tour.

Followed by Bad, but it's an instrumental only version without any crescendos while Bono gives a 10 minute speech

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom