The "I'm diggin' _______ at the moment" U2 song thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of UF and NLOTH. Play the the two CD's together in random - they blend REALLY well.

However, right now, I'm listening to the tons of new remixes for NLOTH and kinda enjoying the vastly different take of the Justice Remix of GOYB.

Magnificent.. now

(which I heard part of this morning on the Today show, while they were talking about Obama's first 100 days.)

This song is going to be everywhere when it's offically released.

NLOTH (the whole album) is always listened to with headphones from me, and it is definitely something im "digging". It just has so many cool sounds you dont notice as well without them. of course with the headphones I start zoning out and the sound takes me to another planet. Just as Sigur Ros is doing to me right now as I write this and cannot concentrate on anything :reject:. Music can change your perceptions, emotions, etc... Its pretty much a drug if you ask me :lol:

P.S. does anyone else when listening to MOS loudly on headphones feel like the baseline is almost like a nice wave that lulls you back and forth? I almost feel my body moves up and down, rocking, with the bass....but maybe Im just crazy?

P.S. does anyone else when listening to MOS loudly on headphones feel like the baseline is almost like a nice wave that lulls you back and forth? I almost feel my body moves up and down, rocking, with the bass....but maybe Im just crazy?

No, not crazy. :wink:
But it's not just with MOS, which I LOVE!. but also on WAS, and Fez, etc.
I'm so in love with this album. :up:
I just can't say enough, because I'm lost for words, mostly. :up:

Diggin' the Pop Muzik Popmart Mix now, the 9 minute version. So awesome. :drool:

New York London Paris Munich :drool:

The live version of Hawkmoon 369 from the Rattle and Hum live video and In God's Country from the R&H film. The bands played those songs with great energy and power during that time. Their performances are still amazing and their shows are brilliant, but I miss that intense, atmospheric and epic sound they had at the time i.e. Larry's drums are hard hitting and fill the whole arena/stadium, Adam's bass sounds really deep/heavy, Edge's guitar has an enormous array of atmospherics and echoed sounds and Bono's vocals are incredible.
This is the reason why I became a fan, because every element of the band and the way they played had such a raw energy and intensity to it that captivates you, combined with the epic and huge feel to all their songs. I'd rather see them play like that than have 100 ft screens, 360 degree stages, lots of different tv screens and runways etc, although that's great as well:)
Honourable mention to October from some of their 1984 shows, a simple yet very poignant song, but very effective live. I hope they bring it back for some shows on the next tour.

Back
Top Bottom