The fly- personna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TIJERINO

The Fly
Probably the Bono's personna that i love and like the most.

When I look into ULTRAVIOLET -360 Version- and see bono dressed with the neon Jacket, i think to myself if this could be a returning version of his THE FLY personna, anyone else see this?

It's more the regular leather jacket that sees The Fly's return. Plus the swagger and attitude he walks down the stage with during Stingray is totally Fly-ish. It's not necessarily a fly persona or whatever, it's still Bono being Bono. he's just having fun again, at last.

i like what you said, i hope bono can still give us some of that attitude, people really like it. AB , best U2 Times:applaud:

The Fly, Mr. MacPhisto and Mirror ball man were all great. I love em all equally.
There is something about The Fly that just doesn't go wrong. Like when he enters in sydney 93.

i find too much parallelism between this 360 era and ZOOTV era., which I love, cause i was too young and faraway when zootv was running :) at least i have lived this era and have gone to a show, and will be going to one more in NJ this 2011.

"Source" is always a consideration Gg. :wink:
I have no idea if any of those were ideas or influences on Bono or U2. (I know he/they have talked directly indeed about inspiration for his characters and their shows, but I can't remember specifics right now). Thing is, they brought together ideas and inspirations in a way that was uniquely their own. :shrug:

"Source" is always a consideration Gg. :wink:
I have no idea if any of those were ideas or influences on Bono or U2. (I know he/they have talked directly indeed about inspiration for his characters and their shows, but I can't remember specifics right now). Thing is, they brought together ideas and inspirations in a way that was uniquely their own. :shrug:

Wasn't it Fitzgerald who came up with most of the character? He brought Bono the glasses didn't he? And the Elvis inspiration part. There were a lot of different things, But I've never heard of a fella called David Cronnenburg or John Carpenter. So I'm interested in the story behind it.

There were a lot of different things, But I've never heard of a fella called David Cronnenburg. So I'm interested in the story behind it.

David Cronenberg - the famous film director? :huh:

Shivers, Scanners, The Fly, Naked Lunch, Crash???

Back
Top Bottom